Friday has arrived yet again, and with it Friday Fragments. This week all I have are Turkey Fragment. Everywhere. Like a turkey exploded. Actually other than tempers near boiling points, nothing exploded except our waistlines. Drop by Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time for more about Friday Fragments, and to leave your own link!
- Thanksgiving done!! YAAY! We hosted this year, so we started the week out planning and shopping and prepping for cooking. My hubby was the main cook, I did a few sides.
- I was very proud of the yams I made. They were really Mrs. 4444’s yams, a recipe you can find RIGHT HERE! They were fabulous, and as I type this I am re-heating some for lunch. MMmmmmmm!!! (SHE will notice I used big marshmallows, I didn’t have small ones!)
- We had the in-laws over as well as our neighbor and his 21-yr-old son and the son’s girlfriend. When my husband asked us all to go around the table and say what we’re thankful for, the son mentioned our garage. Yep is was THAT GUY who smashed into our garage two years ago. Funny how things change. The son and dad came over in the spring and fixed up the garage and we’ve been friends ever since.
- I almost went out shopping at 3am. But I decided against it. I mean, for real, is it really worth the $10 you’re saving??? My BFF was going out for it! I gave her a list of “if you happen to be there” items. I’ll have to check in with her after her nap.
- What’s the best part about the day after T-day? Duh, leftovers. We invited the neighbors back for dinner tonight to eat. Again. Same stuff. They’re happy to do it.
- ALSO, the kids got to eat their own pumpkin pies for breakfast. After we didn’t eat them (my ugly pies) hubby gave them each a spoon and a pie and said have at it!