Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Shrapnel… I mean Fragments.

Friday has arrived yet again, and with it Friday Fragments.  This week all I have are Turkey Fragment.  Everywhere.  Like a turkey exploded.  Actually other than tempers near boiling points, nothing exploded except our waistlines.  Drop by Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time for more about  Friday Fragments, and to leave your own link!

Friday Fragments?
  • Thanksgiving done!! YAAY! We hosted this year, so we started the week out planning and shopping and prepping for cooking.  My hubby was the main cook, I did a few sides.
  • I was very proud of the yams I made.  They were really Mrs. 4444’s yams, a recipe you can find RIGHT HERE!  They were fabulous, and as I type this I am re-heating some for lunch.  MMmmmmmm!!! (SHE will notice I used big marshmallows, I didn’t have small ones!)

IMG_6685a

  • We had the in-laws over as well as our neighbor and his 21-yr-old son and the son’s girlfriend.  When  my husband asked us all to go around the table and say what we’re thankful for, the son mentioned our garage.  Yep is was THAT GUY who smashed into our garage two years ago.  Funny how things change.  The son and dad came over in the spring and fixed up the garage and we’ve been friends ever since.
brokengarage

  • I almost went out shopping at 3am.  But I decided against it.  I mean, for real, is it really worth the $10 you’re saving???  My BFF was going out for it!  I gave her a list of “if you happen to be there” items.  I’ll have to check in with her after her nap.
  • What’s the best part about the day after T-day? Duh, leftovers.  We invited the neighbors back for dinner tonight to eat. Again. Same stuff. They’re happy to do it.
  • ALSO, the kids got to eat their own pumpkin pies for breakfast.  After we didn’t eat them (my ugly pies) hubby gave them each a spoon and a pie and said have at it! IMG_6699a

IMG_6695a IMG_6697a

5 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I have to confess-I had pumpkin cake with whipped cream for breakfast this morning. I also had berry mallow bake for lunch! I'm so glad you made it--it looks amazing! The big marshmallows are a hoot--until I read that, I just thought it was a close-up shot, haha.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I love how they're eating their pie! I have been known to do that once or twice myself.

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

mimbles said...

Good to see the pumpkin pies didn't go to waste, I imagine they thought that was a brilliant breakfast idea :-)

Happy FF!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Princess Nagger had a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast yesterday - good thing she didn't see your kids eating a whole pie or she would have been gobbling the whole thing up! (grin!!)

I love that you used big marshmallows on your yams - I did that once when I forgot to get the mini ones... Yours looks yummy! :)

Happy FF a day late! :)

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

I almost went out shopping at midnight myself. But decided against it. INSTEAD, I shopped ONLINE at midnight, got 4 hours of sleep, and then hit the stores again. But I saved $175. Still, I am pretty useless today!

Good looking yams!