Saturday, November 28, 2009

Getting my fix…

It’s Saturday morning.  I just worked a night shift at the Birthing Center.  Sometimes that 12 hours drags on.  Sometimes it goes so fast I have to take a minute in the morning and mentally check to see that I did everything I was supposed to the night before.  For me on the 7am to 7pm shift, 5 am is about where I crash.  Unless I’m super busy or involved, I’m usually in the nursery babysitting.  Watching a brand new babe under a warmer while I sit in a rocking chair is just a recipe for sleepy time.  Besides being there to welcome new babies into this world, I love giving baths to new babies.  They get so pink and smell good, their skin is all clean and new.  I enjoy washing their hair to see what it really looks like.  Peach fuzzy or thick and curly.  It’s really fun to hand a fresh clean baby back to mom and dad, and watch them inspect their new addition.  Love it. Also, very tiring.  I love coffee, too.  It helps me drive home where my bed and my own babies are.

IMG_6661

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have a relaxing weekend!