Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Fragments – Peacock Time!

Purge your mind so you don’t have to think over the weekend.  That’s how I roll.  Link up at Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time!

  • Our own Daddy travelled to a nearby school Tuesday to speak about being a soldier and serving overseas as part of Veteran’s Day.  The cool thing is this isn’t his first speaking engagement.  He’s been asked several times to come in and speak for a training class that he himself went through at one time.
  • AARRRGGHHH!!!! Stupid computer.  Who knew a year and a half would make you so out of date?! AND I firmly believe anyone who purchased a computer with Windows VISTA installed against their will deserves a free upgrade to Windows 7. Now STOP crashing and closing my programs for no reason!!
  • Me, “Piper, you can have one candy for desert.  What do you want?” Piper, enthusiastically, “I like Butt Fingers!!!” Yum.
  • I HATE the Febreeze commercial out there with the mom and the teenage boy.  She tells him his rooms stinks (as if that’s a big surprise) and he squeaks back “wash it?” GAH!  That stupid squawking voice, the boy is an awful actor and it makes me grind my teeth every time!
  • The local school is celebrating it’s 50th anniversary.  Today the kids are dressed in cool 50’s clothing.  I made a poodle skirt for Aria and Max has his hair slicked back.  I’ll post pictures later this coming week.
  • I found a new favorite you tube video.  I’m sure I’m the last on the bandwagon.  I saw OK Go’s video ages ago as a preview before a movie, but I didn’t realize all the high school kids copying it.  This one was by far the best…
  • I found in Aria’s take-home folder a coloring page.  Her rebellious side strikes again.  Turkey Time? H*** no, it’s Peacock Time.  I wonder how they taste with cranberry sauce and stuffing?
peacock time

14 comments:

mimbles said...

The peacock made me giggle, I'm a big fan of rebellion :-)

Also, hello!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh I LOVE the peacock! Especially the fact that she crossed out 'Turkey' and wrote it in, too!! Good for her!! :)

Very cool your hubby got to do that speaking engagement...very cool!

I could not agree with you more that if you get a computer with VISTA already installed on your computer and it's not that old you should get a free upgrade to Windows 7. I'm having that same issue with the closing of programs for no rhyme or reason - and my computer is about the same age as yours. Since Windows has had so many issues you'd think they'd want to keep us happy. ;)

That Febreeze commercial bugs me for the same reason it bugs you.

Happy FF! :)

won said...

Heck yeah!

Crossing out turkey and replacing it with peacock is the equivalent to coloring outside the lines, don't you think?

Way to go Aria.

Also, I love your header.

Caution/Lisa said...

I love your girl's spirit. I'm going to try to be more like her :)

Your assessment of the Vista mess? Right on the money!

Mary said...

That is hillarious that she crossed out Turkey and wrote Peacock! ha ha ha
I'm right there with ya about VISTA!
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Aria is clearly a girl with a future!

Now listen to Auntie Monica, Aria. Don't let the man put you in the box, Aria! You rock that peacock business as long as you can girl! Now get out there and show them who's got it right!

Anonymous said...

Aria is clearly a girl with a future!

Now listen to Auntie Monica, Aria. Don't let the man put you in the box, Aria! You rock that peacock business as long as you can girl! Now get out there and show them who's got it right!

Anonymous said...

Aria is clearly a girl with a future!

Now listen to Auntie Monica, Aria. Don't let the man put you in the box, Aria! You rock that peacock business as long as you can girl! Now get out there and show them who's got it right!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Stopping by from Mrs.4444's!

I so hear you on Vista/Windows 7... I bought a new laptop TWO WEEKS before W7 came out, and now I feel like I'm stuck with Vista... or I'll risk losing all my current data. Sigh. Now I understand why people love Macs.

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

mub said...

I love the peacock! That's just hilarious *L*

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Oh I hear you on the computer thing. I don't even want to talk about the probs I've had with my laptop (the one I am using now is my dad's b/c mine is such a piece!).

That peacock is hilarious by the way!

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like you have a rebel on your hands, Mel! :) I love the peacock!

I would be madder than a hornet if my laptop was acting up that soon. Heck, I had a cow when I had to pay $300 for a car repair on a 3-year-old car, for crying out loud!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Love the peacock!

I'm still an XP user.

Tell your hubby thanks for talking to the kids :-)

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the colorful turkey. I think it's just dressed up for the holidays.