Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Have I loved you enough?

I got another call tonight.

The ones where the couple on the other end have lost a baby.

They need pictures, one last set of pictures.

Have I loved my kids enough today?

Will I remember the way they looked,

the way they smell,

the way they breathed when they thought I wasn’t watching?

Will they know I love them?

With all my heart, loved them.

Will I know I showed them?

Will I regret not doing more?

I’ll keep trying.

I promise not to regret

letting them go to sleep,

not being absolutely sure they know

I loved them.

No matter what.

IMG_5223crop

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My heart goes out to them.

Unknown said...

I.Am.In.Tears!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

This reminds me of friends of ours who lost one twin. We had our twins a few years later and it is somewhat difficult between the four of us, and yet I think so often... "Am I doing all that God wants me to with my family."

Thanks for posting this. My heart goes out to all parents. May we bless one another.

Unknown said...

It is because of People like you who volunteer We have pictures of our
Baby grandson who died 2 hours after he was born. We all, but my daughter especially cherishes his photos every day.

Today I blogged about November being Prematurity awareness month.

Mrs4444 said...

Mel, I loved this, as sad as it is, too.