Thursday, November 5, 2009

ATWT – Attempting the Christmas card shot

Welcome to A Thousand Words Thursday hosted by TheMomJen at Cheaper Than Therapy. Head on over to her site to link up and see other photos worth a thousand words!

Cheaper Than Therapy

It’s getting to be that time. Christmas card time. Being a “professional” photographer (I still use that term pretty loosely) I really try to get decent pictures of my own kids. I mean, if I can’t manage to get a good shot of mine, what chance do I have of getting THIER kids to look good?? The nice thing is that for several years I’ve gone digital. I can shoot all afternoon and maybe get one or two shots that I’m happy with. For example:

IMG_5809YAY

What you see is pleasant, smiling, seated kids.

Here’s just a taste of what you DIDN’T see….

IMG_5797crop IMG_5813cropIMG_5776crop IMG_5761crop

All told I took 67 pictures. I think I got one or two I like. My advice to you? Keep shooting, there’s bound to be one!!!

12 comments:

tinahead81 said...

LOL...i love this!! last year i took almost 80 of my kids and got one of them looking nice! this year my daughter can't stand my son(she has special needs), and throws a FIT whenever he is near her...i may have to photoshop them in together!!


your children are gorgeous!

Susie said...

That's good advice!

Unknown said...

Mel-I LOVE that last pic...I actually prefer the more candid over the posed....your such a great photographer

Mrs4444 said...

Yeah, that's the great thing about digital cameras :) You've got a couple of winners here...

The Hopeful Elephant said...

I LOVE the last one! Hilarious! I have a ton like that too, and sometimes I use them instead of the nice ones!!! xoxox

Unknown said...

That is always how it is with my boys!

I LOVE the second of the four, with the little one kind of "looking up" to the other three. :)

Mommy 2 Bears said...

I love the photo concept. Really great. I do the same thing with my digital camera. I can't imagine how much film I would waste or moments I would miss without it.

Ladynred said...

Yah! tell me about that! Hubby`would say I'm gone crazy again shooting with my kids.
http://canadianscrapbookerblog.com

Emilie said...

I ran into the same issue at the pumpkin patch and took about 60 shots but only got one that was "ok". I think I need to just try, try again! It is just so much easier with one.

Great shots though! Love the bench.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

The Mom Jen said...

That last one is hilarious. I know we'll be doing the same thing soon with the same results! ♥

Serendipityissweet said...

Great shot! I love the third one too :D

I just went through the same thing :D

Heather said...

I love your shot lol!!! The one where they are all laughing is so adorable. I'm prone to taking photos like that and I only have two babies lol