Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sergeant Daddy

afghanWarrior9afghanWarrior15afghanWarrior6afghanWarrior5  afghanWarrior3

~~and the wordful part~~

About these shots: The soldiers needed to detonate confiscated arms.  They made a huge pile, and added a friend’s stolen desk placard.  The resulting crater was HUGE!

Daddy was in Afghanistan for 1 year, plus 3 months before and after for training.  He was gone for a total of 18 months.  He lost 4 friends in his unit while there.  We are very proud of our Daddy and his service to our country. 

We were very happy to have him back!  Celebrate Soldiers on Veteran’s Day!

 

afghanWarrior23 daddyhome

Wordless Wednesday is brought to you by the people of 5 Minutes for Mom.

Mom Blogs

Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.

 

 

 

 

Please stop by these sites and see even more!!

16 comments:

More Than Words said...

What a blessing he is home safe. I love the picture of you two hugging.

Muthering Heights said...

The homecoming photo is precious!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! And wonderful that you had someone there to take pictures!!

I blogged about my soldier today too :)

koreen (aka: winn) said...

So good that he made it back. So many didn't. :(

Anonymous said...

Please give your Hubby my heartfelt thanks for his service in the protection of our country and accept my thanks to you for your sacrifice in being separated from him that he may serve.

Barbara

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Oh my goodness Mel. That picture of all of you hugging has me weeping. xoxoxo and thank you....for all you do, and all your family does for all of US!

Jana said...

Please Thank your husband for serving our country!!

Thank-you for sharing these awesome photos and what a blessing he is home now!

Hanging Off The Wire said...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. The homecoming pics brought tears to my eyes, made me remember my homecoming with my hubby! Happy Veteran's Day!

Kristina P. said...

He is a hero.

Brenda said...

So glad he made it home safely. Happy Veterans Day to your family.

Susie said...

Thank goodness he made it back!! Thank you so much for his service!!

Annie said...

I almost cried! I live 15 minutes from a military base with lots of close miiltary wives as friends.....this is a special day to salute the moms and children too!
Happy WW!

carmilevy said...

I'm proud of him, too. Please relay my deepest gratitude for what he has done. I wish more among us truly appreciated what our soldiers and their families go through on our behalf.

I was privileged to be in New York City this past Saturday, the day the USS New York was commissioned. I went for a walk nearby to see the ship for myself, and bumped into one of the sailors. We had a lovely chat, and I made it a point to specifically thank him, because I suspect he doesn't hear it enough.

mub said...

Many thanks to your husband and his fellow soldiers who do so much. I'm happy he made it home safe and that homecoming picture is just lovely!

Mrs4444 said...

Getting choked up here...please give your husband a hug for me :)

Leanna said...

You know I love and appreciate both of you guys!!

Have to say...love all the awesome pics! That last one shows SO much emotion! Hugs to you all!