Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friday Fragments - Maxalicious

Purge your mind so you don’t have to think over the weekend.  That’s how I roll.  Link up at Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time!

Friday Fragments?

  • What is up with all these children’s shows with full grown adults acting like children (or very sloooww full grown adults)? Example: The Fresh Beat Band.  New on Nickelodeon.  I can’t stand it.  Granted these are a bunch of young adults, but adults none the less.  They are apparently attending some sort of remedial community music college.  They wear bunny slippers, sleep with teddy bears, and hang out with young children (can we say creepy?).  They have just learned this week how to share AND to top it all off I saw one guy fix the girl’s drums with a giant Band-Aid.  Then they worked. Seriously?? 

  • Our new dog somehow got loose Wednesday night.  She sometimes goes downstairs and takes a nap on the bed or lays by the door.  I hadn’t seen her in a while so I went to see where she was.  I looked outside to see her UNLEASED and sitting by the door.  I let her in.  She STUNK!!!!! I think she went dumpster diving and smelled like hot nasty garbage.  It was all I could do not to puke on her.  I took her upstairs  and bathed her before she went anywhere else in the house.  I think I may need to buy a new collar.  She smelled bad even after a bath.  Piper couldn’t eat her dinner and kept gagging, I had to send the dog back down stairs!! Eeeeeww!

  • I hate my period.  TMI, I know.  But I hate it.  Except that it reminds me I’m not pregnant, which right now is great.  But I wouldn’t mind being preggo just so I wouldn’t get it anymore.  But then I think about having 5 kids.  Maybe I can put up with my period.

  • Piper sitting beside daddy, eating her PB&J while he’s on the computer. “Hey, Dad, do puppies poop outside?” Daddy replies, “the good ones do.” Piper “Hey, Dad, do puppies like little bones?” two seconds later “Hey, Dad, I see a puppy before.” two seconds later “Hey, Dad, is Karma a good puppy?” Dad has long since returned to his computer game.  Piper continues, “Hey, Dad, I drinking Coca Cola.” (she sips her grape soda).  Lunch conversation.

  • I went to Max’s kindergarten class for “Moms and Muffins” an homage to the letter “M”.  We watched them recite at least a dozen nursery rhymes, a few I’d never even heard.  Next week is “Dad and Doughnuts”.  Fitting, huh?

muffinsday

  • Right after school, we had the kids’ parent-teacher conferences.  We heard plenty of good, and some to work on.  The best part came when we learned (despite our fears) that Max is doing well, and reading well above his peer level…AND he signed his paper “Maxalicious”.  She asked him, don’t you mean “Maximus”? Oh, no, it says “Maxalicious”.  I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes.  I could never have kept the straight face the teacher described as she received the paper and he told her what it was supposed to say.  Awesome. Maxalicious.

13 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Maxalicious--Awesome.

Hey, once you have four, you might as well go for five, right? JK

EWW--the dog! I hate when that happens! Mr.4444 gave Cooper some pork yesterday, and by bedtime, he REEKED. I hope he smells better now...

Kristina P. said...

I can smell your dog from here!

Cat said...

Bwahahahahaha, Maxalicious!

I hate Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel. Kids TV is so WEIRD these days.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I don't have a dog, but I've smelled those dogs before LOL Maxalicious sounds like a great kid! I totally agree with hating my period, but haven't done the "getting pregnant" part to avoid it haha

Kristin - The Goat

I see you are a part of NaBloPoMo this month. Me, too!

the Knitters Block said...

Kiki is Maya's new idol.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I've psoted before on my love-hate relationship with my damn monthly cycle so I totally feel ya on that one.

I stopped watching anything Nick related after Yo Gabba Gabba came out. Yikes!

Happy FF!

Gucci Mama said...

Maxilicious is the sweetest name ever.

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Haha....Maxilicious. The kid's got style! ;-)

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

P.S Grabbed your button b/c I like your blog! Feel free to grab mine (geez that sounds so wrong!).

Mama Smurf said...

2 words: Endometrial Ablasion!

If you're done having kids that is.

Best decision I've ever made. haven't had a period in FIVE years...and I'm only 37! =)

mub said...

Any kid who calls himself Maxalicious and means it is a pretty awesome kid!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Now where did he come up with Maxalicious?

Try having your dog roll around in rotten eggs or goat poop- you'd have to be there :-)

Claudya Martinez said...

Moms and Muffins is cute. I'm glad it wasn't Moms with Muffin tops. That might not have been so cute.