Purge your mind so you don’t have to think over the weekend. That’s how I roll. Link up at Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time!
- What is up with all these children’s shows with full grown adults acting like children (or very sloooww full grown adults)? Example: The Fresh Beat Band. New on Nickelodeon. I can’t stand it. Granted these are a bunch of young adults, but adults none the less. They are apparently attending some sort of remedial community music college. They wear bunny slippers, sleep with teddy bears, and hang out with young children (can we say creepy?). They have just learned this week how to share AND to top it all off I saw one guy fix the girl’s drums with a giant Band-Aid. Then they worked. Seriously??
- Our new dog somehow got loose Wednesday night. She sometimes goes downstairs and takes a nap on the bed or lays by the door. I hadn’t seen her in a while so I went to see where she was. I looked outside to see her UNLEASED and sitting by the door. I let her in. She STUNK!!!!! I think she went dumpster diving and smelled like hot nasty garbage. It was all I could do not to puke on her. I took her upstairs and bathed her before she went anywhere else in the house. I think I may need to buy a new collar. She smelled bad even after a bath. Piper couldn’t eat her dinner and kept gagging, I had to send the dog back down stairs!! Eeeeeww!
- I hate my period. TMI, I know. But I hate it. Except that it reminds me I’m not pregnant, which right now is great. But I wouldn’t mind being preggo just so I wouldn’t get it anymore. But then I think about having 5 kids. Maybe I can put up with my period.
- Piper sitting beside daddy, eating her PB&J while he’s on the computer. “Hey, Dad, do puppies poop outside?” Daddy replies, “the good ones do.” Piper “Hey, Dad, do puppies like little bones?” two seconds later “Hey, Dad, I see a puppy before.” two seconds later “Hey, Dad, is Karma a good puppy?” Dad has long since returned to his computer game. Piper continues, “Hey, Dad, I drinking Coca Cola.” (she sips her grape soda). Lunch conversation.
- I went to Max’s kindergarten class for “Moms and Muffins” an homage to the letter “M”. We watched them recite at least a dozen nursery rhymes, a few I’d never even heard. Next week is “Dad and Doughnuts”. Fitting, huh?
- Right after school, we had the kids’ parent-teacher conferences. We heard plenty of good, and some to work on. The best part came when we learned (despite our fears) that Max is doing well, and reading well above his peer level…AND he signed his paper “Maxalicious”. She asked him, don’t you mean “Maximus”? Oh, no, it says “Maxalicious”. I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I could never have kept the straight face the teacher described as she received the paper and he told her what it was supposed to say. Awesome. Maxalicious.