Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Thousand Words Thursday - kisses

Cheaper Than Therapy

See more photos worth a thousand words ~ Cheaper Than Therapy

I was able to sneak the little two kids downstairs into the studio for a quick shoot. Daddy works nights and sleeps in the guest bedroom right next to the studio room. I was shushing (is that a word?) PM the whole time. 2-yr-olds have no concept of LOUD. We managed to get a few in without waking Daddy up. I posted one of JC alone HERE. Here's a great one for today:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question of the day: Are you a groomer??
I'm sitting on the couch having put the other kids to bed, nursing JC. I'm also picking wax from his ear. I mess around with his hair and note to myself to scrub his head again well tomorrow. Earlier MD was sitting by me and I started looking at his nails. I broke out the nail clippers ASAP. PM's pigtails part in just such a way that I can see her scalp is dry and I dab some baby lotion on. I feel like a mama monkey grooming her young. I'm always looking at their skin, their scalp, their ears. I suppose I'm just being attentive (retentive perhaps?). Do you constantly groom your kids?? Do they get tired of it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to check out Girls With Books!!

22 comments:

Leanna said...

Even my 7 year old has no concept of LOUD! ;)

They are so precious and I love thier outfits!

To some extent I am a groomer...but am pretty relaxed. I found I didn't have a LOT of choice but to give it up with all these boys. So, we compromise, they can be however here at home (as long as they shower) but I will groom if we go out.

Anonymous said...

They are so adorable! I am constantly picking out bits of fuzz or whatever from my son's hair and it makes him crazy!

Kristen Andrews said...

that is just too sweet! What a great pic. Visiting from Jen's site, what a prettysite u have.

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Cute shot! Visiting from TWT.

Anonymous said...

Your photo is an interesting contrast to Jen's. You both have beautiful children in common, however.

Call it what you like, but as mothers we commonly have responsibility for the status of bodies other than our own. I did my Hubby's toenails, until we had children.

We do what we do, eh?
Barbara

Bree Shaw said...

adorable! it depends where we are at if i am a groomer. with 3 boys though they get sick and tired of me doing it, so i have become pretty laid back about it now.

Jena9286 said...

My kids to this day hate when I come at their ears. Cause I would constantly clean wax out of them when they were nursing. Ryan's was always the worst.

Abby said...

Cute picture! And yes, I am always picking things off of or out of my little man. It drives him crazy!

Heather of the EO said...

Adorable photo!

YES- I groom all the time, picking, moisturizing, pulling, plucking, rubbing...ears, eyes, nose, nails...

I'm a total monkey.

Brooks said...

great photo! Yes, I am a groomer and it drives my husband crazy!

kel said...

I'm like a little monkey on my kid!!!

and that is the cutest pic ever!!!

April said...

I cannot stand to see sleep in my kids eyes...and I am constantly grooming! Happy ATWT!

Anonymous said...

aww, it almost looks like she is whispering a secret to him!!!

I have a Sunday grooming ritual. Finger & toe nails cut, hair trimmed if needed, ears cleaned, ect.... I also use Sunday as my grooming day also. That night I shower, shampoo, condition, shave everywhere needed, lotion myself up, loafa my feet and give myself an mani & a pedi.

Faith said...

That picture is too cute! Do any kids have a concept of quiet? Mine only do loud and louder, lol.

The Mom Jen said...

Adorable shot!! Love the colors they are wearing!

Yes, I even groom hubby (pick pimples too)..i'm gross.

Unknown said...

aww how sweet!! Yep I groom bean all the time!

BluRayn said...

Cute lil doll babies!! LOL, the caption on that pic could read...."Remember...Mama said SHHHHH!" (in a very loud stage whisper of course) ;)

And yes, I'm just as guilty of being a mama monkey to all my monkey boys. But really, if we don't, who will???

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

What a darling picture!!!

Yup, all the time my 9 yr old is getting tired of all that mom attention though...

Dawn said...

I'm visiting from A Thousand Words Thursday. This is my first time to participate.

Your picture is adorable!

And, I'm definitely a groomer! I think I must have inherited it. LOL! My mom has always been a picker and a plucker!

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Shushing is sooo a word! And what I seem to do allll day!
Beautiful children. I love the name Piper.

Jennifer said...

The photo is beautiful.

Jenny said...

Great pic!

I'm a groomer. My husband hates it! Apparently, he's not part monkey like me and doesn't want to be picked at! LOL!