Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Fragment - Getting my SHT together...

Friday Fragments?


Friday Fragments are nice little posts started by Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissing Time. All the stuff too small for it's own post, but too good to forget about. This week Mrs. 4444 put up a post about SHT (Stupid Human Tricks). Any of these nice little awards we give each other Mrs. 4444 has asked that we, in turn, give a little taste of our unknown talents. I sent her mine :) You can take a peek HERE! More of my talents in a minute...now I give you a few fragments:


  • I made frozen pizza for the kids this week. MD ate several pieces, then later on I saw him eating the last one. I asked MD if he was still hungry. He explained: "I had heart-eyes for the last piece, so I had to eat it" - Well in that case...
  • My DH's good friend and war buddy is spending the night tonight - I may have to post some of his photos tomorrow. Strangely, he has the identical laptop as I do, even the same funky-colored design on the casing. OMG, he just showed us ACTUAL photos of S. Hussein, the REAL GUY. HE was THERE when they pulled him out of the hole!! Can you imagine?!?!
  • I moved our elliptical machine to a nicer spot in front of the TV in our bedroom. I'm hoping this will actually encourage us to stop hanging shirts from it and USE it!
  • I have been enjoying a top shelf vodka and cranberry juice drink tonight. I think this post may be a bit disjointed...

On with the SHT I meant to post:

More AWARDS!!
From my lovely lovely friend Keri and my lovely lovely friend the RaMbLeR ...

The Honest Scrap Award

The honorees are to: a) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap, whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
So here are ten things:

1) I have 4 kids, 2 girls who had birth injuries, 2 boys who did not. I have also had a miscarriage in between.

2) I dated my DH for 5 years before we were married.

3) I prefer salty snacks unless I'm pregnant, then it's all about the sugar.

4) I never had to diet until all these kids came. I'd like to lose the pants sizes and keep the cup sizes.

5) I've breastfed all of my kids at least 15 mos. I love the nurturing, but also I'm too cheap to purchase all that formula.

6) I do not shower every single day, more like every other.

7) My best friend has been the same one since 5th grade when we met.

8) 3 out of 4 of my kids were born on the 17th of a month, the last was due then, but I didn't make it that far.

9) I have not heard from or seen my birth father since I was 5, I consider my step-dad my real father and have a good relationship with him.

10) I am done having my own kids (unless we win the lottery soon) but am totally looking into being a surrogate.


Now for the "award" part where I pass this on to those I feel really deserve this award. Please don't feel offended if I do not mention you here, I mean it's only 7 and I really feel you all are fantastic!! Also, I re-gift, so even if you have this award, you don't have it from me!!


RaMbLeR @ The RaMbLeR, Keri @ It Flickers Dimly, Kel @ Girl In The Glasses, Jen @ Life Is Chaos, Give Me More, Abby @ Me and My Boys, Mrs. 4444 @ Half Past Kissing Time, Ellen @ To the Max..ooh that's already 7, I could go on!!!


on that note, you all need this
The Friendship Award


an to all you lovey people who have posted a comment or two, come back again, I think this award is meant to be shared often!! Your turn is next!

Oh, yeah, SHT....

I have one more little "talent". My DH hates it and I can't do this in front of him because when he was in high school he dislocated both thumbs at work and to this day has sympathy pain every time he sees it....

yes, my dis-locating thumb. Cool.

3 comments:

Ellen Seidman said...

I loved your list. Thanks, and thank you for the award, I'll put up my list tomorrow!

Mrs4444 said...

Eww. Nicely done! Great visual! Thank you, thank you for the award, and I wholeheartedly accept! I will pass it on when I get the chance (Weaslemomma did her trick this week, too!)

Loved your fragments, also. That Saddam thing; wow. To be that close to evil.... Plus, the 10 things. I guess I could probably come up with 10 more of my own.... :)

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww..that's icky. I had a friend who could bend her thumb back down to her arm. Sickening.

I am shocked you still have the same friend from when you were young! That hardly ever happens with girls.