Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting back to healthy

Hubby and I have been dusting off the juicer and trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle.  This morning our breakfast was absolutely DELICIOUS!  It’s all because I didn’t cook, he did.  First, he made these:

IMG_9435a

Open faced tomato and basil sandwiches.  He first pan-toasted the bread (the smaller shots are with regular bread, the big picture is with French bread) with olive oil.  He then added slices of Roma tomatoes, cheese (Babybel cheese we had for lunches), garlic-stuffed green olives, and fresh basil.  Drizzled on top is balsamic vinegar.  These particular photos were for lunch.  He made our breakfast ones with an egg on top!  Believe me… fabulous!!

IMG_9364a                         IMG_9366a

We next made fresh juice to go with our sandwich (run through the juicer in this order):

One banana

One Granny Smith apple

Two large carrots

One large orange

Yum! It was like a smoothie!  If we can eat things like these, eating healthier will be easy!  As long as my husband is around to help me out!!

4 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That looks absolutely delicious!! I bet my hubby would love them! (and me, too!) :)

Kristina P. said...

My husband would not eat those, but that would mean more for me!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it tastes better when someone else cooks it! My Hubby made me breakfast and dinner on Saturday! He baked some bread, too! He loves to cook and the children are following us. Our Teen made us a vegetarian dinner on Easter!

We eat something similar (I can't eat cheese.) We call it brochette (?spell) - chopped tomato with basil, garlic and olive oil over broiled bread - we try to use whole wheat.

Have you been watching the food revolution? Friday nights on ABC. Barbara

Carolee Hollenback said...

Wow, healthy looks a lot more delicious than I remember!

I smile every time I look at the pics on your blog header- cute kids!