Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday – The Wing

5 Minutes for Special Needs

Special Exposure Wednesday is found at 5 Minutes for Special Needs.  A chance to showcase your special parenting in pictures!

I have started to think of PM’s right hand as a wounded wing, tucked up under her arm.  The thing is, with work and little reminders, that wing is functional.  I realize we can never completely “fix” cerebral palsy.  I realize I can’t expect her to do everything perfectly, but I can see what she’s capable of.  I know there’s nothing truly stopping her from flying with that wing when she wants to.   But it takes work on my part, too.  For now, anyway.  Encouragement, love, and patience.  Oh, and probably some prodding and therapy.  She may not always be happy with me for strapping on the “pink” (her left hand restraint) or for asking her to use her other arm, but in the long run I am positive it will be a good thing.  I see it already.  I think she does, too.

IMG_9532aIMG_9530a  IMG_9533a

IMG_9543a

About the pictures: I shot these with my Canon 50mm prime lens at f2.8and natural light.  If you use a Canon camera I highly recommend this lens, it’s inexpensive and you will looove it!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She's adorable. And she looks tenacious!

Anonymous said...

Is she giving you the "Mom-why-are-you-taking-my-picture-again?" look?

CristyLynn said...

She made some great pictures with the shapes! She's a beautiful girl!

Alison said...

She is gorgeous!
I just recently got a 50mm lens and I LOVE it too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and...'the pink' is a proven technique for increasing use of broken wings.

She's showing some nice visual skills, too!

Oh, and...she is very pretty.
Barbara

Beverly said...

great photos. I so love my canon and the same lens too.

annies home said...

she is so cute , pictures are great and what a great picture she created

Adoption of Jane said...

She's Beautiful. I like the Wing concept. It's a really delicate sweet way to view things.

VMI said...

She's doing lovely work!

Sharon Schoepe said...

Great photo!

Trish said...

The pictures are great, and your daughter is lovely!