Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fragments

Another week gone, it’s Friday again.  Time to pull out the leftovers and bits and pieces to assemble them into some sort of post.  Thank you Mrs. 4444 (Half Past Kissin’ Time) for getting us through this!!! 

Mommy's Idea   

  • AM has a big time birthday party starting after school today.  The girl’s mom is taking several girls to a place like Build-A-Bear to make a stuffed friend, then its home for a sleepover.  This mom is very brave to have a bunch of 8-year-old girls for so long!!!  I heard word of make up being involved (by the girls, not the mom!).  I told AM to be on her best behavior.  I’ll have Facebook to keep tabs on mom to see if she survives!
  • Next week Missoula Children’s Theater will be in town.  AM was able to get in last year’s performance.  This year MD will also be able to try out…. it should be interesting.  AM didn’t make it in as a kindergartener, so I wonder how MD will do.  He has some issues with paying attention and following directions, like all boys his age.
  • Is it wrong of me to be happy an employee was fired this week from my workplace?  She called in sick constantly and when she managed to show up, it was as if she weren’t there anyway.  The rest of us had to pick up the slack and fill in when she was gone.  I’m honestly surprised it took them this long to do it.
  • Hubby’s been working at the National Guards armory all week.  I guess they needed someone to help get ready for an inspections and since he’s not doing anything…..
  • I picked up some extra shifts next week at work.  There’s a few openings all of a sudden :)
  • JC’s word of the week “NOooo!”  Ah, well, I knew it was coming.
  • GUESS WHAT? May is Pediatric Stroke Awareness Month!!! I will be telling you all about this starting this weekend!
  • Princess PM is walking around the living room “Oh!” falls down…”What the..” jumps to the floor “Doh!”.  I asked her what’s going on.  “I keep slipping on BaMANAS!” As she walks away I her say under her breath “stupid bamanas!”
  • I’d better get all these dishes done… in my working sink!!! (still a novelty!)  It’s movie night and I’d like to have the place looking like I did something today before Hubby gets back home!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't think it's wrong to feel happy. I generally will feel glad to not have to deal with their mess, but sad for them that they don't have a job, if that makes sense.

4 Lettre Words said...

I remember being happy (and a bit excited) when a couple employees "left". :o)

Didn't know that about May, want to read more now...

mimbles said...

Princess PM cracked me up, those invisible bamanas can be a real menace!

Happy FF :-)

Claudya Martinez said...

Some people deserve to get fired.