Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Fragments / Friday Night Leftovers

Good grief, it’s Friday again.  Time to pull out the leftovers and bits and pieces to assemble them into some sort of post.  Thank you Mrs. 4444 (Half Past Kissin’ Time) and Danifred (Sippy Cups are not for Starbucks) for getting us through this!!! 

Mommy's Idea    BWS tips button

  • Yes, you heard me right.  “Good grief” is my new phrase.  I’m trying hard to stick with it.  No more dropping F-bombs when I stub my toe.  No more “Holy Crap!” when the kids aren’t allowed to say even something like “stupid” because it’s still a bad word.  I’m trying….
  • My butt is bigger than ever and I’m determined to reduce it’s size before it’s out of control.  I suppose sitting in front of the computer for hours a day doesn’t help… Nor does the grilled cheese-stuffed peppers I had for dinner yesterday.  I’d better get walking!! (Don’t worry, recipe to follow next week)

IMG_9827a

  • We had a plumber over again to finally start working on our sinks.  I’m embarrassed to say that he first thing he did was remove a screen from the downstairs kitchen faucet and have it running in 2 minutes.  *Red Face* I am usually really good at that stuff.  I assumed, with all the other problems, that the water further down the line was the problem.  I’m sure he thought our place was now a waste of time……until he saw the basement.  He saw the disaster we call plumbing, the leaking and dripping.  He actually decided he’d need more time and would come back (with more equipment) on a day he could stay longer.  Ugh.  Well, at least I have ONE kitchen sink now working!
  • JC is addicted to Toy Story.  Well, one character in particular.  MD loved Buzz, his buddy (my BFF’s boy) loved Woody.  Who does JC want to see? Jessie!  He calls the movie “JESSIE!!!” and it has to be Toy Story 2 (Jessie wasn’t in the first).  We have Woody and Jessie dolls from MD’s obsession, but poor Jessie was never played with much.  Now JC goes to sleep every night with her.  It’s so cute.  He gets all giddy to see Jessie even at bedtime.

w_jessie_toy_dblfea_1600x1200

  • My article about Getting Kids to Bed was published in our church’s most recent newsletter!  It gets sent out to all our congregation and it’s supporters.  Kinda cool!  You can read it HERE.
  • I am excited about a volunteer thing I’m doing Saturday.  The March of Dimes is having a reunion of the hospital’s NICU graduates from 2009.  I will be the official photographer for the afternoon, and will even have a little booth set up for photos that they can use in frames made at another booth at the event.  It should be pretty fun!!
  • Oh, AND I work nights all weekend.  Don’t expect to hear from me until maybe Tuesday!
  • It was nice enough to be outside this week…

Firetruck Rides I'm Flying!

My Photographer!

  • I had all sorts of funny things to jot down, but I forgot them.  I need to remember my list!!
  • HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Grilled cheese stuffed peppers? I would say the fat butt is worth it.

Unknown said...

Must.Have.That.Cheesy.pepper recipe! YUMMMY

Your photos are also soooo vibrant! love em

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm sorry about the plumbing issues. Congratulations on your article!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)