Monday, January 31, 2011

Props

 

hatsI’m not really big on props in photos.  I don’t think a photo is made better by how cute the toys and chairs are.  I like the focus to be the person in the picture, not the stuff around them.  That giant styrofoam number two in a toddler photo just isn’t my style, but when my friend posted her cute little blue-striped hat on Facebook, I knew I wanted one!  One thing I haven’t yet mastered (haha, because I’ve mastered so many other skills) is the art of crochet and knitting.  I love the finished product, but just haven’t had the time to get it down.  Of course, I don’t know how my friend has time either, she also has four kiddos about the age of mine.  Anyway, I called her and asked about the blue one she posted and if I could buy it this weekend for a photo shoot I was doing Sunday.  I said I’d also like a pink one whenever she had time to do one, but not immediately.  She agreed to let me swing by Sunday morning and pick up the finished hat.  When I came by Sunday morning, not only had she finished the pink hat, but admitted the blue one was a copy of the one in the photo!!  Now, that’s fast!!!  I was so happy with both hats, and they were an awesome prop for our shoot, without being too much.  Super cute, right?

IMG_5581a