The weekend. Yep. Fragments. Yep. Visit Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time? Oh, yah, fur shur!!!
- My eBFF Leanna came to visit with her fancy new van. I told her to pack “warm” since it would only be in the 70’s and that’s a big change from Oklahoma. She still ended up borrowing a sweatshirt while we sat outside. I say we’re just spoiled with “nice” weather.
- So, did I mention Leanna came to visit? Right. So, did I bother to take ONE SINGLE PICTURE OF US????????????? NO!!!! Seriously, WTF?
- I did however, manage to get a shot of the locksmith who had to come on Labor Day morning and unlock her new van when all the keys got trapped inside (um, engine running).
- We played softball. Only all we could find was a kickball. It worked.
- I made the kids clean up the dog poop before we started. Apparently dog poop is best cleaned up with a clothes pin on your nose.
- We cooked on the giant wok/ trash can grill. It was awesome!
- My neighbors brought over a turtle they found in their yard. He was later that day set free. The kids really like him!
- Interesting story of the week: My husband is always making fun of my cooking abilities. The fact that I have none, which I fully acknowledge. However, I can follow a recipe and so last night I volunteered to make Tuna Croquettes ( a la Alton Brown) like I’ve done before, while he finished his homework. I set a pan of shallow oil on the stove to heat before I put in the finished croquettes. While my back was turned I heard a “whoosh” and I looked to see huge flames leaping from the pan of oil. I quickly covered the pan and took it outside. The kitchen had filled with choking smoke, all the time the smoke alarm never made a sound (note for today: BUY BATTERIES!!). I had to open all the windows and set a fan at the door to get rid of all the bad air. It still smells like burnt oil down stairs. Not to be daunted, I started some new oil and finished the tasty food. I told my husband he’d better start cooking again before I burn down the entire house.