Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Fragments

Get out your leftovers and serve them up with Mrs'. 4444’s Friday Fragments at Half Past Kissing Time.

image

  • It was our 10th anniversary this week.  We spent the actual night together watching Dexter and going to bed early.  Wednesday is not a convenient time to have an anniversary.  We actually spent time together last weekend.  I had a wedding to shoot, but they were friends of his, so we were guests as well.  We stayed all by ourselves (no kids) at the hotel where they held the reception.  It was a really good time!! wedding

Facebook highlights (really, I just can’t remember everything that went on this week, so here’s what I said I did…)

  • Took the kids to their first Tae Kwon Do class on Monday.  They liked it.  Max was a little disappointed that he wasn’t immediately kicking and punching with accuracy.  I think the idea of practice has escaped him, I blame it on the video games where you are instantly good at everything.
    imageimage
  • Piper and JC wouldn’t sit through the practice like I’d hoped, so we ran around outside waiting for the end of class.
  • We went to the library, the kids were more interested the basket of toys than in books.  I came across them whispering "All the single ladies, all the single ladies.." And dancing the flowers around and giggling.
    image
  • About 2 years ago two of us from church started a mural in the newly remodeled nursery at church.  We never found the time to get it completely finished.  This week I did a little more work and it looks closer to complete.  At least there’s no masking tape still on the wall!
    image giraffes
  • This weekend is our church’s 20th anniversary celebration.  That’s part of the reason I did more painting.  I’ve been working with a team for the last few months on a scrap book as well as a DVD slide show of photos from the last 20 years.  We got it all done!!!  I think this weekend in going to be SO fun!!
  • Max was crowned Lil’ Mr. Sunflower in our local pageant.  He is riding in the Sunflower Days parade here in town tomorrow.  I made a video of them drawing the winners HERE.IMG_1678crop 
  • I’m working again this weekend, so I will miss the Friday festivities in town.  There will be Trivia at  one of the bars, Glow Bowling, some Banjo player (World’s Fastest, apparently), and a street dance.  Sigh.  I always seem to work during the fun stuff.  Oh well :)

4 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Happy bleated anniversary! (What a lovely photo!)

Have a great weekend. XO!

Eve said...

Happy Anniversary!

That is such a beautiful mural in the church nursery! Great job! :D

Kristina P. said...

Happy anniversary! You looked stunning in your wedding dress.

brainella said...

Yay for the library! :) We used to go every Friday together but now he gets his books from the school library. I've been replace AGAIN!

Happy Anniversary. That picture is gorgeous!