Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Thousand Words Thursday – Ded Max

Welcome to ATWT (A Thousand Words Thursday) where you share your photos, new and old, worth at least a thousand words. Visit TheMomJen at Cheaper Than Therapy for more!

Cheaper Than Therapy

When we go to church, the 2 big kids sit with me during the service while the 2 young kids get to stay in the nursery (can I get an “Amen!” ). To keep them quiet for crying out loud that was SO not whispering busy they have paper and draw away. Then, after the service, Max hands me this gem. But I’m not sure how to take it. Part of me is giggling while the other half wonders if he’s going to need therapy. Let me show you (then interpret):

dedmaxAcross the top it says “ Leg infec-“ next line “tion Dead Max” Right under that is live Max saying “ow ow” and his leg is circled because it hurts (to be clear, he's never had a leg infection that I'm aware of). The next scene is (left to right) “sad Piper” “sad Aria” “sad Mommy” followed by “my headstone”

Then I asked who the guy on the right was “that’s the guy who buried me” (I think he’s holding a shovel)

I ask, where’s JC? “He’s sleeping”

I ask where’s Daddy? “He’s at work”

I’m torn. Laugh or cry? Then Max asks me if we’re going to McDonalds now.

Sure, buddy, anything you want. How’s your leg?

9 comments:

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

WOW, Quite the imagination on him. Makes you wonder how he came up with the idea to draw that all out.

Maybe he will make movies or be a writer one day.

The Mom Jen said...

Does he really have a leg infection and thinks he might die from it!? Interesting...I'm so sad that daddy couldn't get the day off for the funeral...

Henrietta said...

Lol, this reminds me of the drawings my son used to do when he was small. He's happy and healthy and 14 now so no worries!

Suburban Hooker said...

Well...I agree that's sad that daddy couldn't get the day off work!!

My niece drew me a card that said lets shop till we drop and she drew me dead with x's over my eyes and a stitched shut mouth. I was laying down in a store with my hands crossed in front of me and shopping bags with shoes in them next to me.

It's still on my fridge. She's fine btw.

Susan Cook said...

I have no idea what he was thinking, but looks like he has quite the imagination and that's a good thing.

Carly said...

Wow, that definitely is worth 1000 words! I wonder if he has seen movies, read books, or seen TV shows that have a similar story line. I would not worry about 1 picture, there are so many things that kids see that may put ideas in their heads. Thanks for sharing this interesting work.

Claudya Martinez said...

Well, he managed to tell an entire story on one sheet of paper.

Claudya Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen Andrews said...

wow that is a good drawing!