Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Thousand Words Thursday – Achieving a Family Picture

TheMomJen hosts A Thousand Words Thursday, your chance to share your favorite pictures, old and new, that are really worth a thousand words!  See more or link up at Cheaper Than Therapy!

Cheaper Than Therapy

I’ve been wanting to take an update picture of the four kids for a while.  The last one I have features JC at barely 2 months old and almost unrecognizable from the one-year-old JC.  I broke it to the kids that we were going to take some quick pictures outside (whether they like it or not) before the weather got any worse (which could happen in a day around here!).  They were less than enthused, but I soldiered on.  I finally got one I could deal with, maybe not exactly what I had hoped for, but not bad:

IMG_4860a IMG_4872a IMG_4857a

But getting a few shots I like, means getting plenty of others that are….well…

IMG_4852a IMG_4869a IMG_4858a

Actually, I STILL like them.  Maybe even more.

14 comments:

Bridgette said...

Awesome pictures! Happy ATWT!!!

sheila said...

GREAT shots! Love um all! I remember once I snapped 76 pics and got ONE 'good' shot for the Christmas card. Lol. But going back and looking at the ones I didn't use? SO much better now. They are funny and memory filled.

Martha said...

They are all wonderful. I love your new look! Some of those not so "perfect" pictures are really the best!


My ATWT

nikki said...

i agree with martha. its the not so perfect ones that are my favorite; they usually capture candid personality. i adore these pics. thanks for sharing :)

michelle said...

They look like a happy bunch. Even Miss Momentarily Pookie in Purple. Very cute

Stacie said...

Your children are just precious!

Some of the best pictures are those captured when they are just being kids!

Happy Thursday!

Kristina P. said...

Your kids are so cute! These colors are so vibrant.

Mrs.Who said...

My favorite pic is the one with them being silly.

The Mama Duck said...

Mel- I love all the pictures! You will probably find that it is the duds that you treasure the most because those are the ones that truly show the kids' personalities. And you took the pictures just in time - the weather is yucky now!

Nicolasa said...

I agree with mama duck! Those are great!

Abby said...

LOL! Those are really cute! That is no easy task I am sure!

Claudya Martinez said...

I LOVE the last picture. It's so sweet.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww I love your ATWT full of color and 100% FUN!!!!!!!!!

Mrs4444 said...

These are awesome. Just awesome...