Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Fragments/Freewrite – Freakin Frost

Welcome to Friday.  Time to purge the mind and prepare for the weekend empty-headed. I guess.  Fridays are hosted by Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissing Time and Sarah at Ordinary and Awesome! Please stop by their sites to link up and see more!

Friday Fragments?OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.

  • More family pictures scheduled this weekend, and one more seIMG_5240nior.  I hope the snow holds off long enough for them to get some “fall” shots.  Speaking of fall…
  • We had our first hard frost of the season.  This morning I should have scraped my windshield, but we were running late.  All the way to school I was hitting the wiper fluid button to clear the frost.  Then THAT would frost up and I’d hit the button again.  I’m sure we looked cool rolling up to school barely being able to see out the front window.
  • Because of the frost coming, I sent the kids out yesterday after school to pick every last tomato from the vines.  I ended up with a grocery bag full of green tomatoes and a hand full of banana peppers.
  • Most of the trees hadn’t really turned colors yet.  This morning the frost must have tripped the “fall” button and the trees are dropping leaves like waterfalls.  It actually sounds like its raining, but its just leaves.  Most of them are still green, too.IMG_5239
  • WHEN it snows, I will be putting up my new header and background.  Some of you have expressed a concern that the leaves on the left are interfering with your reading experience.  Yeah, I know, I think so, too.  And since I don’t want to make if difficult for my many, many readers (smell sarcasm??) I made a new background that keeps well away from all these important paragraphs!!
  • Piper was in my room not jumping on my bed (more sarcasm) when I went in to change into my jammie pants for the evening.  She saw my stripey Easter Egg colored underwear.  “Mom, you have rainbow pants?!” I think she was jealous.
  • When making my new header I searched for a nice quote for winter.  I really liked my fall quote.  I chose a happy one for the new season as well, but here’s my runner up:   “Winter is nature’s way of saying, ‘Up yours.’”  It was hard to pass this one up.
  • If anyone reading this sees my big cousin M.M. – tell him I said happy birthday.  Last I heard he was in Grand Forks. Or Janesville.  Or Kenosha.  Somewhere.

IMG_5245 IMG_5242a IMG_5243 IMG_5244a

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I hope that header doesn't go up for a long time, because I don't like snow!!

Dee said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures. It will still be a little while before leaves fall here but I already know where I'm taking my family to get some pictures!

4 Lettre Words said...

I absolutely adore the name Piper!!

And, I can't believe you already had frost. We had some nice fall-temps for a few days, but now it's really warm again. I just want long sleeves and jeans. Is that so hard??? :o)

mub said...

It's gotten really chilly here, but I don't think we've had a first frost yet. Did you know they make a deicing windshield wiper fluid? It's freaking amazing!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Mother Nature really has been doing some weird weather this year... We were enjoying perfectly nice not-to-hot, not-too-cold fall days, then today she hit us with summertime heat. Our poor trees and plants just can't figure out what to do with themselves.

LOVE the pictures!

Rainbow underwear...heh, heh!! :)

Happy FF! :)

mommytoalot said...

Adorable pictures. What cute jammies.

Unknown said...

I love the photos. I need an SLR camera lol....weather is crazy everywhere I think!!

Crazee Juls said...

I'm sure you hear this all the time, but your pictures are GORGEOUS!!

Stopping by from the SSS list, just to say hello! :)

Unknown said...

you are so talented-MAN I wish I knew how to do all this html and blog makeover stuff-mine is in serious need of an update

LOVED your FF and your photos are WOW!!!!

so glad you are joining us for the SSS

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, I LOVE the last pics of your daughter jumping in her pj's! And BTW, I have Easter colored striped undies, too! VC?

Sara Elizabeth said...

Adorable photos of your little girl. So cute.

I love the fall and winter. I can't wait to see your new header and background.

I have been thinking it is hard to read your blog with the leaves on the text, but I don't like pointing that out to people. I am a blog designer, and I never know if people will know I am just giving a friendly tip or not. Ya know? Because of what I do for a living I fear it might come off as me trying to push people to get a new blog design or something. Then again, I over think things. LOL!

Claremont First Ward said...

AMAZING photos!

Seriously!