I am happy to say it’s Friday, time to purge your mind of all those thoughts too little to stand on their own post, too interesting to leave on the side of the road. Thanks to Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissing Time and Sarah at Ordinary and Awesome we can all share….
- The snow has come. And even though its melting fast, I have my doubts that it will disappear all together. I posted a few shots from my phone on Facebook complaining about it.
- I also decided to change my header and background…. what do you think?!
- We’re getting Karma!!! We were told when we first submitted our application that Karma was already being taken by another family. On the advice of the adoption place, I took the kids to Adoption Days at the local Pet Smart to meet a second dog they thought we’d be interested in, another part-Husky. He was really nice (and big) and looked like a husky-colored Lab. THEN, Karma showed up. It turns out the original family decided they didn’t want a dog after all. It wasn’t HER, it was THEM. So I quickly emailed everyone I’d been in contact with at the adoption place to let them know we still wanted her. I got word back the next day that she was in fact NOT spoken for and that we could get her. YAAAY!! She come “home” to us Wednesday! Isn’t she pretty?
- Another good bit of news? The toy room is almost clean!!! I’m so excited to move JC into his own room. A room that is not full of tiny little easy-to-swallow Barbie shoes and pink flowers. A while back I purchased a crib bedding set that is very boy. It’s brown and blue micro suede and its so cute and really soft. (BTW this picture is from the ad, not our room) I can’t wait to paint the room and make it a safe place for him to play with toys that ARE NOT in our living room. I’m getting a little tired of the living room looking like a toy store every day.
- Aria went to the dentist yesterday. It took us 20 minutes just to coax her into the chair. Then I was asked to sit in the waiting room. I guess even with the “happy gas” she was trying to slap their hands away. They got nothing done in her mouth. When
they had given upit was over they brought her out half-drunk and gave me referrals to 3 different pediatric specialty dentists. Awesome.
- It’s Aria’s BIRTHDAY on Saturday!! I can’t believe I have an 8-year-old!
- I’m still working my way through pictures from sessions I’ve been doing. I also still need to put out an ad for Christmas cards before it gets any later. Hopefully I’ll get to that this week.
That’s about all I have. I work this weekend, so I’ll be out of the loop. Have a good one!