Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Fragments / Friday Freewrite

Friday Fragments?           OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.

It’s time once again to purge your mind of all those little thoughts, too small for their own post, too cool to forget about… Please drop by Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time and Sara’s Ordinary and Awesome to see more!!

  • Its been raining for the last two days.  Aria is ok with that. Last week her gym teacher thought it would be fun (in the still-warm weather) to lead her second grade class on a little hike through the “Boys’ Woods” that adjoin the school property.  The kids like to sneak in there to go through the trails (the entire “woods” is about 2-3 city lots), they are usually not allowed to be in there during recess or school hours.  I’m sure the gym teacher thought she was doing a fun thing since most of the kids love the trails.  Unfortunately about halfway through they came across a wasp nest on the ground and someone had stepped on it! I can just imagine 22 screaming second graders running from the woods as the wasps swarmed, and the teacher being at the head of the line not knowing what’s happening!  Aria and a couple of others got stung, one kid got sent home.  I suppose they won’t get to do this again!!!

  • I discovered a stolen picture while I was legwarmer hunting on e-bay this week (look about 1/3 down to #109 & #108).  At least I’m pretty sure it is stolen.  I have no idea why I recognized it, but it’s MckMama’s “Nuggey” wearing legwarmers and stripey training pants.  It was from a post about potty training.  I emailed MckMama but I really don’t expect to hear back, I’m not sure she even read her own mail anymore, but I thought I’d like to know if someone was advertising with a stolen picture of one of my kids.

  • NDSU HOMECOMING THIS WEEKEND!!! Hope it quits raining long enough for a parade, at least the game is inside.

  • We applied to potentially adopt a dog.  The whole app process is almost like adopting a child! After my 3 references were called from the multi-page questionnaire, I was notified that we were approved PENDING a home visit (!) as well as a visit with the dog in her current foster home.  Most people who know us also know that Aria has dreams of owning Huskies and running the Iditarod. The dog we’re looking at is a Husky mix, so we’re kind of sold.  She sounds sweet and because she’s older she’s already housebroken and over her puppy stage (yaay! less chewed up stuff!).  The listing for her is HERE.

  • I have all sorts of family and senior pictures this week, yaay! You can peek at them on my photo blog if you feel so inclined.

  • And because no post in complete without a picture of my kids… here ya go!

      IMG_4275a

    • 8 comments:

      Kristina P. said...

      I would love to adopt a dog. How fun!

      Unknown said...

      look at your adorable childrens!!!
      I hope you have a great weekend and YAY on getting a doggers

      Sara Elizabeth said...

      Awwww, I hope you are able to adopt that doggie. So sweet.

      Hilarious photo. Kids are so silly and fun!

      Happy FF!

      Claudya Martinez said...

      Them's some cute kids ya got.

      I can't believe you recognized a stolen picture. I think it's great you passed the info along.

      Leslie said...

      Karma's gorgeous and the kids are pretty cute too! Good luck with the adoption.

      Mamí♥Picture said...

      You kids are so CUTE!! iLove pictures like that, those are the best one silly faces are full with Love!
      Good Luck with you dog and hope you get it soon!
      On my way to see the homecoming pictures; I LOVE PICTURES
      Have an AWESOME weekend!!

      Unknown said...

      Stopping by with a SSS update:
      we sent out the first round of q&a's if you did not receive an email from us please click the link below and follow the instructions
      Thanks and we are so excited you are joing the SSS
      http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2009/10/secret-santa-soiree-official-411.html

      Mrs4444 said...

      Yeah, it isn't easy to adopt even a pet these days; it's nice of you to go through all of that trouble.

      Hey, in case you're curious, those leaves on the left are a bit...um...distracting. (That's polite for annoying. Hope you still love me...)

      What a bummer on the wasps! Poor kids AND poor teacher! :(