Yep. We got the “oinks”. Daddy came down with it over the weekend while I worked nights. By Monday night the big kids were down. JC is feeling yucky tonight. It’s down to me and Piper, we’re playing last man standing. I’m sure everyone else will get better just in time for me to get it. That’s the way it goes.
What I’ve learned from working at the hospital (or may have already known):
- Don’t go in to the clinic if you have flu-like symptoms. They won’t test you. You probably have swine flu as it’s too early for the regular flu season just yet. Either way, there’s nothing to be done but rest, drink fluids, and treat the fever with acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- If your kids are sick, don’t take them in to the clinic unless they are severely dehydrated and lethargic. All you are doing is infecting everyone else.
- Wash your hands and cover your cough for crying out loud!!
- Duh, antibiotics don’t work on viruses, don’t ask.
- Don’t return to work/school for AT LEAST 24 hours after the fever has subsided without medicine. Until then, you may still be contagious.
I got the call from Daddy Sunday night that he was going downhill fast and to get home early if possible. I, of course, couldn’t get home any earlier than morning, but stopped at the store on my way home and bought $40 worth of pedialyte, gatoraide, kids & infants tylenol and Dayquil. I figured they’d be sick this week. Sure enough…
SO if you don’t hear from us much this seek, you’ll know why. Good luck everyone!!