Welcome once again to Friday Fragments, your chance to purge your mind of all those little tidbits too small for their own post, too good to let go! You can thank Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissing Time for the opportunity!
- I think our biggest news of the week is that Max went to the principal’s office. I got a call just before 2 in the afternoon yesterday to let us know he had punched another boy in the mouth while in the restroom. It turns out that there was another boy who encouraged him to do it, telling him he wouldn’t get in trouble. I felt so bad for the poor kid who got punched, he wasn’t asking for it, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’ve heard the “encourager” kid’s name before, often associated with naughty behavior or rude words. We’ve officially grounded Max from xBox until after Christmas, and (the biggie) Legos for a whole week. In addition, Daddy came to school with him this morning and had him stand in front of the class and apologize. Daddy also told the teacher (not in front of the whole class) that Max was no longer allowed to hang out with the other rude boy. We’ve really had enough. This is kindergarten. If we don’t take care of this now, I think we’re going to have a long road to high school. Peer pressure scares me. I hope we can instill in our children a strong inner voice. I’m really most surprised that Max would actually punch some poor kid who didn’t at all deserve it. I’m a little sad.
- Totally Random: I miss film canisters. Occasionally I find something that would store perfectly in a film canister. I don’t have them anymore, my supply is limited. I used to have tons when I ran a film camera and especially when I did weddings. Now I only have a few. Just one of the casualties of the digital age, I guess.
- I want to say THANKS to Kristina at Pulsipher Predilections. She recently posted a list of her readers’ business sites and was kind enough to include my Etsy site! If you don’t read her already, she is SUPER funny, I highly recommend heading over to her site and reading up!!
- Speaking of fun sites to shop, my hubby steered me over to T-Shirt Hell and the shirts they have are hilarious. Go take a peek, but check your indignation at the door, there’s sure to be something to offend everyone. Fair warning.
- Only one of our two cars started this morning. It’s been below zero for most of the week, so I guess its no surprise. The real surprise is that neither of our vehicles have block heaters. Confused? Those of you not from the upper Tundra area have probably never heard of such a thing. I guess when my dad first came to this area from Oregon, he thought all these cars with little plugs hanging out of the front were maybe electric cars? Block heaters keep the engine/battery from freezing solid when you plug them in overnight (or day) so you can actually start your car in the cold. Many businesses in this area even have them for their employees when they park at work. I didn’t know this was unusual to the southern folk. :)
- Please stop by the RaMbLeR’s place OR tweet her @leanna_mom23 to congratulate her on completing the half marathon in Vegas last weekend!! She’s only ever gone as far as 7+ miles, so she is officially at the top of my hero list!!
- I just learned Michelle Duggar (you know, the family with 18 kids!) just had baby 19 via emergency C-section. The baby girl, named Josie, was very early and weighs only 1lb 6oz, and as far as I know is their first preemie baby. A quick prayer for her would, I’m sure, be welcomed. I find it amazing after all those kids, this is the only one who was early and who will potentially have health problems. Frankly, I’m surprised she still has a uterus at all.
- It’s Virtual Girls’ Night Out again, I’m hoping I’ll have time to participate ;) Of course, the hubby is home tonight, so I MAY spend a little time with him, too. Fortunately he has a new computer game, so we may end up sitting beside each other on our own computers. Do you ever do that?
- Happy Friday everyone!!!