Thursday, April 14, 2011

I really did it this time

Yes, I am well aware that my little boy looks like a little girl. 

IMG_6752a

I’m reminded every time we go out to eat and the server asks us what SHE wants, and where to put HER food.  At Aria’s last basketball game I heard someone remark “There’s Aria’s little sister!” as he ran by. 

IMG_6754a

I know it’s time, but it’s so hard actually putting the scissors to his hair.  Well, yesterday I finally did it.  I gave him food (I truly tried to avoid getting hair in it, the hair is so long I could just grab the clippings and throw them away) and turned on his favorite shows.  I combed and combed while he got a bit mad and I contemplated if I was ready.  Finally, I cut a huge hunk out of the back on purpose.  No going back now!!!

IMG_6765a

I kept working despite his protests and got it all done.  JC was not pleased.

IMG_6768aIMG_6770a

After a nap and a bath, things seemed a little better.  I’m still getting used to the new BOY look, but he sure is cute!

IMG_6780a

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, I love it!

brainella said...

Well, hair or no hair, that boy is darling. :)

Leanna said...

Hehe...he really was NOT happy with you! He's such a cutie either way and he looks so much like Max now! Such a big boy!

Mrs4444 said...

Wow, Mel! I'm impressed with your bravery. He's adorable. Well done :)