I’m going to try to fill you in quickly. I have a date with my freshly made bed for a nap before work!! Head on over to Half Past Kissing Time for the scoop on Friday Fragments and how to join in!
- The Fly Lady is really helping me keep up with my housework. For the first time in a million (well, maybe not quite that many) Friday Fragments, I am cool with where my housework is for the day. I could bring someone in and serve them coffee and not be embarrassed about the state of my downstairs. Upstairs, however….
- I have a brand new Aria phone and still our service has not switched over to AT&T….. It sits there, mocking me, daring to play Angry Birds and enjoy the 32gb card I installed. When can I ditch this Blackberry?!?!?!
- I FINALLY cut JC’s hair this week. He looks like an actual boy.
- I hung sheets on the clothes line for the first time this season on Tuesday. Today it’s snowing. I shoveled the steps. Stupid North Dakota. At least I can say Billy the Exterminator will never have to visit these parts!
- Have you ever seen Secret Agent Oso on Disney channel. Not my favorite program, not really Piper’s either, but she doesn’t like to turn the channel so she sat through it. She comes to me in the kitchen: “Remember how Oso helps kids? You can help me cook so I don’t burn my hands, mommy.” Being the smart-a$$ I am, “”Why can’t Oso come and help YOU cook then?” Piper looks at me, exasperated, “He’s in Disneyland, he’s too busy.”
- I got in with the BlogHer Book Club. I don’t get to say much yet, but I get free books and a paid review whether I like the book or not. I really liked it…..
- I donated blood last week. I’ve done it before with no problems. What didn’t happen before is me passing out when he removed the line. I looked away, but I was visualizing it the whole time. I was still in the chair and when he asked me how I felt, I said a little light headed. I closed my eyes to focus on breathing like he was instructing. The next thing I know, there are four people standing around me and ice packs on my chest and neck. I felt like such a dork. My neighbor, who is a physician’s assistant, saw the whole ordeal, made a joke about my pallor and gave me a ride home (I rode my bike….see? dork.).
- OH – and the waters around these parts, while high, were actually lower than the past couple of years. Hubby never got called up for National Guard flood duty and my yard and basement are dry. Not everyone faired as well. We’ll see what it looks like after 7-8” of snow they expect this weekend (ugh!!).
Park? No, we are not going to the park. Sorry.