It’s time once again to purge your mind of all those little thoughts, too small for their own post, too cool to forget about… Please drop by Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time and Sara’s Ordinary and Awesome to see more!!
- I can not believe how fast these last weeks have gone!! The kids are back in school and when I asked Max how Kindergarten was, he proceeded to tell me there were Legos and what ones he played with this week!!! Every day I ask about school and I hear about Legos.
- I am not usually a freak. Yesterday I was. I took out two big bags of garbage and as I was coming back inside I felt something tickling my leg. I glanced down to see a HUGE insect on me. I yelped and stomped my foot to shake it off. IT FLEW off my leg and into the living room. Did I mention it was HUGE?? I stood in the door way debating whether to continue what I was doing or hunt down the thing. Then I heard it. Bumping and buzzing along the ceiling in the living room. Smack, smack, smack. It was the biggest wasp-like thing I have ever seen. And it rode in on my leg. I ran out of the room. We aren’t in there as much, I’m hoping it will just die…..
- I am trying to clean out that toy room. Still. (I posted a picture back in JUNE about it!!) It’s only gotten worse. My motivation, besides giving JC his own room, it that there is a city wide garage sale this weekend and there’s a ton of money sitting in this room. I collected almost 100 happy meal toys and divided them into 20 gallon size storage bags, all marked 25 cents. I’ve also gathered most of the baby baby toys that no one will use anymore and stickered them….. now to haul it all to the garage!
- Aria participated in the Lil’ Miss Sunflower Pageant Wednesday night. They interview each contestant with 2-3 questions from a list of similar questions we were given about a week ago. I was really happy to hear Aria answer so well. What do you like to do in the summer in your town? “Plant flowers” (crowd awwws) What do you want to be when you grow up? “an archaeologist” (crowd oohs and aahhhs more – secretly I had hoped for this question, I mean what other 7-year-old wants to be an archaeologist??) None of the other kids got the reaction she got for her answers. It was cute. She did not, however, get the crown. They actually draw the names from a bucket. I’m quite happy with that, I think its much more fair. It’s a good lesson for her to compete and not win simply on luck of the draw, not because she didn’t do her best. The crowd reaction was good enough for me ;)
- I really need to learn how to cook. It’s becoming painfully obvious I am lacking in that department. When Steve is home, I don’t even get up to stand in the kitchen. I depend on him to make me good food. My attempt at stroganoff the other night wasn’t bad, but I was embarrassed to let Steve eat it when he came home. I open a mean box of Hamburger Helper, but the kids are getting tired of …. well, actually they’re tired of everything that isn’t Mac and Cheese. Maybe its not me.
- I mentioned to my husband what a good cook I thought he was. He replied: “Anybody can be a good cook with enough butter!”
- I was watching “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant”….I laughed every time these re-enactment moms gave birth to a 3-month old baby!
- How do you fix a sad Piper?………………candy