Sunday, July 26, 2009

Why my husband should really start his own blog….

This is the hubby’s “25 Random Things” meme that he filled out.  It says an awful lot about him, and it makes me laugh.  Enjoy…

1. I was born at noon on a Tuesday, November 17th, 1970 at St. Lukes Hospital which is now MeritCare. I share the same birth date as Danny Devito, Daisy Fuentes, Sophie Marceau, and Stephen Root (Milton from Officespace, and the voice of Bill from King Of The Hill).
2. I first realized wasn't gay during an episode of Charlie's Angels. I was seven, it was a shock--i thought i was broken.
3. Also when I was seven, I rode my bike across town to Stephen's, Adam's or Joel's house. My oldest, Aria is seven. There is no way I would let her ride her bike across town to a friend's house.
4. I'm far too sensitive. My feelings are hurt very easily. I'm also very forgiving--which I guess is a good quality to have if one's too sensitive.
5. If at all possible, I like to try to get into tv shows that have been out for a while so i can watch them on DVD without commercial breaks. i really really really hate commercials. Right Now I'm watching Grey's Anatomy. After Grey's anatomy, it'll be Desperate Housewives, Pushing Daisies, Deadwood, and Carnivale. Yeah, I know, Deadwood and Carnivale are HBO shows and have no commercials. Also, I want to watch Bury My Heat At Wounded Knee.
6. I believe in almost anything paranormal. Ghosts?...yup. UFO's?....yup. The Loch Ness Monster?...yup. Crops Circles, Moth-man, chupacabra, the Bermuda Triangle, the Dragon's Triangle, ESP, Remote Viewing, Psionic Abilities, Prophets and prophesy, the scientific study of fate, Roswell, Area 51, Stolen, found or acquired alien technology, the JFK Conspiracy, the UFO cover-up conspiracy, The Illuminati, Secret Societies, Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Cryptozoology...yup, yup, yup, a 1000 times yup. Reincarnation?.....maybe. I just can't bring myself to disregard a lifetime of religious understanding.
7. When I was a junior in high school, I 'fudged' my science-fair project. By fudged, i mean completely fabricated. I was SUPPOSED to photograph sunspots through my telescope, but like any high school kid forced to study a subject he or she absolutely hates, I skillfully procrastinated my responsibilities and found myself staring an 'F' in the face two days before the High School Science Fair. So, as a back up plan, which is to say, 'slamming the panic button', I drew sunspots on a white construction-paper cutout of the sun. I set it on a background of black construction paper to simulate space. My friend and I took pictures slightly out of focus and had my friend develop them at his work at the local newspaper. I ended up going to the regional science fair and getting the Army Award of Excellence presented me by Captain Illa La Chapella. My conspiratorial friend is still mad at me. Mostly I think it's because he didn't get an ward. I kept it because back then I didn't understand personal integrity. Also, I think I deserved the award for my rapid-fire creativity.
8. My wife and I have the uncanny ability to listen to a song we love over and over and over and over...without getting sick of it.
9. Because I'm a DJ, people are always trying to get me to listen to their music. You know the type. They vomit lists of 'fringe' groups that can't make it on the national scene, which usually are under-produced, poorly mixed, hippy-types that either write a good lyric, rip a decent guitar-riff, or are 'pioneering a new sound.' It's almost always crap. I almost always hate it. But I still smile and tell them it's awesome.
10. I have a 2003 100th anniversary edition Harley Davidson 1200 Sporty. It was my 'Welcome Home Alive' gift from my wife.
11. I believe in the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution--the right to keep and bear arms. This doesn't make me a gun-nut, survivalist, member of a hate-group, or terrorist. This simply makes me the homeowner whose house you don't want to break into.
12. I've been to Mexico, Canada, England, Ireland, Germany (sort of), Turkey (sort of), Qatar, Afghanistan, Pakistan (unintentionally, and twice, by the way), and Kyrgistan. Mexico, Canada, and England are the only countries I've visited that weren't a result of the war.
13. I follow three tennets in life: Never trust a skinny cook, Never love a woman who kisses with her eyes open, and always follow a fat hunter. Either you'll understand these or you won't. If you do, we've probably had similar experiences.
14. I love computer games of all types, console, computer, handheld--love, love, love them. If I lived in an alternate reality where I didn't have a wife and kids, I would happily spend my free time wasting my life saving digital worlds from demons, monsters, aliens, villains, mutants, zombies, skeletons, warriors, warlords, barbarians, sorcerers, witches, wizards, dragons, armies, hoards ....blah...blah....blah...and in the background of THIS reality, Mel, my wife, laughs and whispers 'Nerd!'.....now you see why I fantasize of my alternate reality.
15. I love my wife dearly, but I've discovered that of all her talents, singing really isn't her forte. I scream aloud in my head. Or imagine loud noises--like standing inside of a large bell as it tolls or a Chinese New Year's celebration. Anything loud. Really, really loud. Sometimes I'll ask her a question, you know, a tactical diversion. She usually keeps singing until she doesn't remember the words then looks at me and says 'what?'
16. I've owned some awesome cars in my life.
My Awesome Cars List: 1962 3/4-ton Chevy pickup, a 1969 Pontiac Lemans 2-Door muscle car, a 1976 Cobra II Mustang (the Farrah Fawcett car from Charlie's Angels), a 1956 Buick Special, a 1979 Plymouth Trailduster 4x4 2-Door with a removable hard-top, a 1971 Oldsmobile Delta Royale 2-Door convertible with a 455c.i. Rocket, and a 1997 Geo Metro (shut up, I include this in my 'awesome cars' list because it's what I currently drive).
17. Peanut Butter and Jelly isn't just a kid's lunch. It's a breakfast, snack, dinner or entree.
18. In Afghanistan, when we based out of FOB Warrior, we drew rations from the chow hall to cook for ourselves in the field because our MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) froze. Among the dishes I prepared for our squads were Shepherd's Pie, Steamed and Rolled Tacos, Oofda Tacos, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, and Grilled Steaks. The Afghanis called me Ashpaz, which is Pashtu for cook.
19. I've killed people in combat.
20. I hate kid's programming. My threshold of pain for Dora the Explorer is about 2.6 minutes. 2.6 seconds if I'm hung over.
21. I believe in a modest wardrobe. I have two pair of work slacks and four shirts. My summer wardrobe is about the same. I also believe in 'wearing twice, washing once.' Going green and saving the world one load of laundry at a time! (Actually, as I'm finding out, I'm probably just lazy)
22. Sometimes Sailor Jerry is my best friend.
23. I have a dream of starting my own business. It's a well planned and unique idea--it could be awesome. But I'm afraid of the economy, the Obama Administration's tax policies, and jeopardizing my family's security and financial welfare on a gamble.
24. I love giving and getting hugs. The longer the better.
25. It's cliche, I know, but in the 38 years of living on this earth, the only thing I know for sure is that life is short. Even shorter of you're a plate of frosted sugar cookies on my kitchen counter.

afghanWarrior15 afghanWarrior23 IMG_9931a

2 comments:

Lexi said...

HI! I saw your comment on Mckmama! I wanted to share my website with you: Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
I will be donating a portion of all sales to the String of pearls to help families and babies like Stellan! I am trying to get it out there in any way I can! Please let your family, friends etc. I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!! :)
-lexi
Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

Mrs4444 said...

He's a sweetie...