Friday Fragments – flushing from your faculties fragments of fluff, fact and phenomenon too fleeting to feature flat out. Float over to Mrs. 4444’s for further fun fragments!
And new here, Sara’s Friday’s Freewrite !!
- A dog crapped in my yard. I take offense because I have no dog. In fact this is one of the many reasons I do not. SO being the forensic poop-ologist I am, I figure it was a little dog. Also, it was either a) loose and no one was with it, or b) was being walked without a leash and the owner stood and watched the whole thing. The spot in our yard is halfway inside our fence from either sidewalk. For your benefit, I DID NOT take a picture.
- I saw Harry Potter! I saw Harry Potter! It was awesome. Of course I’m always the first to say the book was better…. but whatever.
- A friend of mine unexpectedly lost her husband last Monday. I debated even posting this. The whole situation is awful. She has 3 small children and has only been at home with them, not really any work experience. She came home Monday night to find him hanging in the garage, the kids all sleeping in their beds. I don’t think I’d even know where to begin. I should feel really bad for him and whatever storm was raging in his psyche. What I really feel is sadness for her. What must her life been like the last few months while all this was brewing? Why didn’t we see it? I rarely ever see her husband. She’d come to church almost every Sunday with up to 3 kids, no husband. I can count on one hand how many times he’s been there in the last three years. I think his intention was to hurt her. I knew they’d recently had some problems, but not that would end like this. No job, a house not paid for, small kids, and no life insurance. She needs lots of prayers and support. Our church men have already been over working on the house and sheet rocking the garage to give it a different appearance than the night she came home.
- Steve’s 20th reunion was last weekend. As I was typing he was catching up with all his old (so to speak!) classmates. Since we know almost no babysitting age, I had movie night with the kids. Friday night is family movie night. Last Friday was Transformers. Aria made it to 9:30 and asked to go to bed. Max fell asleep in his popcorn about 9:45. Piper was still wandering around the living room after 10pm drinking everyone’s soda and eating popcorn.
- Finally went in to pick up Piper’s new orthotics Wednesday. They were done almost 3 weeks ago. We would have gone sooner, but they sent a nice little letter explaining that our insurance doesn’t cover all the cost and we need $400 up front to pick them up. Nice. I know we’ve had it good up until now, but I suspect there will be more costs to come. Insurance companies aren’t too keen to pay for things.
- Please check in on Journey for Jess. There was a news story on our local news about the family HERE. I wrote about it HERE. You can visit the family’s blog HERE.
- Oh yeah, I took pictures of fireworks. I never get the chance, so here they are…
- We got to sneak over to the HoJo and swim when Daddy had a room there for National Guards. Since Piper’s “pink” had temporarily come off (more about that in a second) we were all able to swim and enjoy the pool.
~~~~~~~~~~ Since I haven’t done it in a while, some CIT numbers…
# days Piper was without a cast: 5 (Aria was helping her up and pulled it right off!)
# baths taken while cast was off: 6
# hours spent in waiting room for her doctor to re-cast: 1.5
# pictures of new cast being applied: 0!
# options for Rock, Paper, Scissors in a cast: 1
# hours spent adding some “bling” to new purple “pink”: 1/2
Scene standing in line at Sam’s club:
Little Girl to Aria: “Is that your little sister?” points to Piper
Little Girl: “I feel sorry for her!”
Aria, slightly confused: “…why?!”
Little Girl: “did she break her arm?”
Aria: “No. She just has….problems.”
Little Girl re-joins her family. I laugh.