I’m gonna see how quickly I can get all this out. I have a house to once again straighten up before the babysitter comes for the night!! Thanks, Mrs. 4444 for hosting Friday Fragments!!!
- My mom and dad came for a week-long visit. It felt like a weekend and was over MUCH too quickly. So quickly, in fact, that I took almost NO pictures. Not sure what went wrong there. I usually have a camera glued to my face. I hope she emails me hers (hint hint).
- As a surprise to my grandma, she was “kidnapped” by her son (mom’s brother) and brought the 12 hours up by car to visit. She had no idea where she was going, just to pack for 3 days!!! She was really happy to see my mom and us!
- Aria and Max tested for white belts in Tae Kwon Do. I had no idea they tested for white belt. When I was in it in college, it came with the uniform. I say it’s a way for they gym to make another $40 per kid. Sigh. The kids did great, though! They even broke a board!!
- Halloween is here!! There was a city party at the auditorium, so we had a dress rehearsal for the real deal on Sunday. Max won “Cutest Boy” costume. Aria didn’t win anything. Her friend, an absolute sweetie, won for most original, I think. She came up to Aria after the awards, told Aria she should have won something, and offered her a treat from her prize bag. *sniff* It really made Aria feel better!
- I’m working this weekend so I
get out ofwon’t be able to trick-or-treat. I expect lots of candy for me to sort through for breakfast Monday morning!!
- I started a Facebook album with Aria of “Adventures of H3” her toy Husky dogs. The real Aome Husky even commented on them :)
- We had some crazy weather this weekend. There was a threat of snow, which we were lucky not to see much of. Apparently our high winds were equal to that of a category 3 Hurricane!!! We had branches down in the yard and had to find one of our garbage cans. I found the other one under our garage door. Our garage has really taken a beating over the years. One of the 2 doors is a sliding door (we believe it was once a real barn). The wind lifted the door off the rail and IT LANDED ON DADDY’S CAR!!! The window was broken, but fortunately nothing else was damaged. UNFORTUNATELY we both have places to work this weekend and only one vehicle between us.
- We grilled out at Daddy’s childhood friend’s farm. It was really fun!
- Ummmm…. that’s all I’ve got. I should get to work now!!! Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe!!