Here we are, Friday. Another week gone by. Join Mrs. 4444 for Friday Fragments!
- Its been a typical fall week in the north. I turn the heater on in the car in the morning, and the A/C on in the afternoon.
- Its also harvest season, which means there are grain trucks lined up several block down the street, past our house, and to the elevator. If you are not from a farming area what I just said was probably completely lost on you. Anyway, Aria and her friends took advantage of the situation. The truck must wait in line for the they guy(gal) in front of them to off-load, so sometimes they are in one place for 10-15 minutes. The girls set up a lemonade/coffee stand right in front of the house. The truck drivers (all local families and their workers, not creepy unknown truckers, mind you) get out of their trucks and come buy drinks or popcorn from the girls. Most commented what a treat is was when they’re stuck in a truck all day. They made about $20 in a couple hours. They’re hoping to set up after school again.
- I finally did it. And I’m not too happy. I cut JC’s hair. He’s still cute. He’s still naughty. Oh well, it will grow back.
- I was super bummed Monday night when I got a call from the Extreme Makeover people letting me know my shift was cancelled. I guess I still get to pick up a T-shirt. I probably will, they are almost done with the house and I want to go take a look. Apparently many, many people didn’t even get a shift to work as there were so many that signed up. Yay for our community!!
- I helped out getting our NEW computer set up at the church this week. I’m so thrilled to use it! The old computer was super slow and when we run slides during the service it would sometimes flake out and not work. Very embarrassing! While I was working, JC found the drum set…. I sent this to Daddy, saying “I had hoped for a brass player, but somehow this seems more appropriate”
- Pictures, pictures, pictures – and I’m glad to have the work!! You’ll have to go to my photography blog to see what I’ve been up to.
- My mom said they might be able to come to visit this month. I’ve kicked my cleaning into high gear. I was so proud of my (second) kitchen. Since our home was once apartments, we have two functioning kitchens, this is the smaller one. I have super ugly countertops up there, so I cleaned off all of the counter (a big deal if you have seen it) and the kids helped me peel off the old contact paper. I put new paper on and it looks great. Now, no one is allowed in there again. Ever.
I’m working this weekend, so my dear Hubby, PLEASE, PLEASE try to at least leave it how you found it. You don’t understand how disheartening it is to work on cleaning this place and see it all gone in a weekend. I understand the kids don’t allow us to do as much as we like, but if I can do it so can you.