the baby will play….in the mud. I turned my back for just seconds to watch the girls practice at softball. When I looked back, JC had found the only mud puddle left in the park. I of course, grabbed my camera. Why would I let him play in the mud? At this point, it was too late anyway. Besides, he’s washable, and was having as much fun as I was taking pictures.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Yay! It’s Mrs. 4444’s 100th Friday Fragment episode! Stop by her place and congratulate her, while you’re there join in the fun!
I spent all day Wednesday shooting photos for the town’s baseball and softball leagues. It was my first year and I had some help from another photographer with the flyers and all that business-type stuff. Next year I’ll be all alone (she’s moving!). I had fun, but all that kneeling and standing left me with super sore thighs. Who knew photography would be such a good workout!
I wrote a little article on my review blog about encouraging kids to read during the summer. It should win me an “I Can Read!” book. They are taking the first 100 bloggers for a free book, there’s still time for you to enter, too! My entry is HERE.
I’ve decided to give up calling the kids by their initials. I usually end up tying out their name then going back and fixing it anyway. I love their names. My intent was to make them less “Google-able” (is that a word now?) but I guess I’m all over the place, if their friends want to find them, it wouldn’t be hard anyway. Hopefully they won’t be too embarrassed! I know its not totally true, but being in the bloggy world this long, I wonder what parent doesn’t have a blog?!
I colored my hair. The pink/red was fading, so I went to get more of the same. The shop I went to was out of my favorite color, so I tried one called “plum red”. Hmmm. It’s not bad I guess, but I’m not getting it again. I miss my red hair!!!
Aria has been hunting the two kittens in our garage. Apparently the neighbors said they’d give her $5 if she caught the lighter colored one for them. Yesterday morning when Daddy woke her up, she said she’d been dreaming about catching them. Last night she said she had touched both of their tails and it wouldn’t be long before she caught one. LATE last night Daddy came home from work and told me it looks as though the lighter one had been hit by a car. Furthermore, it was up on the curb where someone would’ve had to swerve to get it. AARRRGGHH!! Can you believe that?! I felt sick to my stomach. I had Daddy go hide the evidence so she won’t discover it herself. I can’t imagine the drama, grief, and tears if this gets discovered.
My husband told me and a guest that what sealed the deal for him when we were dating was that both he and I had our own copies of Ken Burn’s The Civil War soundtrack. Funny what brings people together, huh?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Not that I need to be too sneaky with PM, she loves her physical and occupational therapy most of the time and is a willing participant. Anytime I can sneak in a little extra, I’m all for it. PM love to help me with chores, which is strange because the other kids run. She really likes to help mop or do dishes or cook. So I had her push around the floor duster. With a few “two hands!” prompts, she did great!
But sometimes that sneaky right hand would pop up and I’d have to remind her “two hands!”. But still pretty great!
She did great, that is, until she was dramatically too tired….
You can see more Special Exposure Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Special Needs!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Friday is here and so once again Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin’ Time invites us to purge our minds and free ourselves of all those little thoughts floating around. This week I have a few suggestions for everyone I have encountered lately….Notes to the World:
- Don’t be surprised if I turn in my rented movie late. I pay promptly for it. I never seem to be able to get movies in on time, and if I do I’m pretty happy with myself. Just consider me extra business.
- If you touch JC, offer to pick him up, or sometimes even look at him wrong and he screams at you it is NOT cool to keep trying. Its also not funny to keep pushing his buttons. You are pushing my buttons and I can’t listen to him yell at you while you laugh and think its funny. This goes for JC’s big brother too. If he isn’t interested, leave him alone!
- If you let your dogs run free in the streets causing my dog on a leash to DRAG my daughter down the street on her stomach, you WILL be hearing from me. It is NOT OK. Also, if your loose dog gets bitten by my leashed dog I will NOT feel bad, only sad for the dog having a stupid owner.
- Movies that have “Frat Party” anywhere in the title are going to suck. Please don’t make me watch it.
- Yes, the mother and two kittens in our garage are technically strays. We don’t want them and you can have them, but please do not sneak over to our house and FEED the cats in our garage. If you want them, capture them and feed them at your own house. Don’t make them want to stay here.
- Yes, this swing is actually made for two, if the two are small enough.
- Yes, HE is a boy. Does he really look like a girl? Really? (pictures from days he was actually called a girl)
- Yes, they are “real” diapers, only I don’t have to throw them in a landfill.
- No, listening to MORE country music will not make me like it more. It will make my ears bleed.
- No, PM and JC aren’t that close in age, they just look like it. There is just over 2 years between them, but only a one pound difference in weight.
- Please encourage your child to TRY different things. What kid would absolutely refuse to try peanut butter and jelly on a tortilla when they eat PB&J sandwiches regularly? Along those same lines (same kid)…what kid doesn’t eat french fries??? Maybe this one is just my own issue?
- Although it may seem so at times, I am not always a single mom. They all have a dad, the same dad as a matter of fact (as if you couldn’t tell!) and he’s in the army. What’s your baby daddy do?
- The girl in orange, she’s mine… (no, I didn’t edit the color at all, my camera seems to have a thing for blaze orange. I did one kid’s senior pictures this year and he wore a hunting shirt that did crazy things, too)
- And lastly, if you decided to make cupcakes in ice cream cones, only fill them half full. I overdid ours a bit and they ended up a big mess. They overflowed and couldn’t cook correctly. It was still yummy….just not pretty. That’s why you have to make everything like that at least twice. I need more ice cream cones!