June already?? Maybe you need to flush the fragments from your mind as much as I do… Join Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments and get it all out there!
- Seriously, where did May go? I think I just worked and slept my way through the month. Speaking of work…I work all THIS weekend, too! 12 hour nights here I come! I haven’t worked this much since two kids ago!
- I’m not even sure I want to share this. Really. I’m totally disturbed by it. But I need to get it out, so here goes: A few days ago I noticed it was kinda funky smelling up near PM & MD’s rooms (3rd floor). Not really bad, just a dirty-laundry-needs-removing kind of smell. Like a boy’s room. I couldn’t see anything, so I blamed the birds who’ve built a nest on the other side of our A/C in the wall near there. I thought maybe there was a bad egg or something. As the next two days passed, I could still smell it, but I couldn’t locate it. Something was definitely there. I checked PM’s room for left over tea party food, but she’s only allowed water for her parties. No food. The smell was certainly coming from her room. Lost dirty diaper? Spoiled sippy? I narrowed it down to the corner of her room with my super mommy nose powers. It was coming from the toy box. I started to dig. Now my heart is really racing. The smell is getting stronger. There. Sandwiched between two teddy bears. A dead mouse. AAARRRRHHHHHHH!!! I remained calm. Sent her to sleep in my bed (a treat!), and got the Lysol, gloves, and a garbage bag. I threw out the two bears and doused everything with Lysol. I just keep wondering how it got there. In the 5 years we’ve lived here, this is the 2nd rodent I’ve ever seen (one dead in the basement over a year ago). No “evidence”, no chewed boxes or food, nothing. What in the world was it doing up there?? As far away from a food source as it could get. Does this mean there’s more somewhere? How long was it in there? Did she hear it at night scratching in the toy box and not think anything of it??? Ew. Ew. Ew. Okay, this was more than a fragment, but it just happened last night, so I needed some therapy.
- ON THE LIGHTER SIDE: I started making some camera strap covers… I listed a few on Etsy. I may consider giving one away soon!!
- Hubby was home and gone again. I worked the whole time, now he won’t be back again until next weekend!! I was hoping when he quit his last job that I’d see him more. *sigh*
- Hubby took the kids to the cemetery for Memorial Day (while I slept). This was one of the shots on the camera when they came back. Am I being insensitive? I’m not sure whether to be somber or laugh at it… I’ll let you decide. It’s like its waiting for us.
- Used my new Neti Pot. I’m still sick. Strep and all. Headaches from lack of sleep due to work. I’d like to just cut my head off at the shoulders, but I’m not really sure that would solve anything. But I’m not complaining….
- Did I mention I’m giving away a $200 gift card from BlogHer and Flip Video HERE? Ok, I thought I did. Just checking :)