And since it IS Friday, Mrs. 4444 is once again hosting Friday Fragments to rid you of all that little stuff and clear the way for…..well, probably more stuff to clutter up your mind. But anyway….
- Holy cow, this week came and went without me posting. Or so I thought. I had that little thingy at the beginning of the week about the birthday party then I just went AWOL. One would think I did something constructive. Nope, not really. But anyway…
- Oh, yeah, I DID donate blood. That’s something I’ve never done before. I did not pass out. AM was pretty sure I would. I think she was secretly hoping for something exciting to happen. She did sit with me and watch the whole process, pretty brave for an 8-yr-old.
- I stumbled across a blog by Teresa Strasser (of TLC’s “While You Were Out” among other things). She’s really funny, bad language and all.
- Both older kids started their softball and T-ball practices this week. The rest of the team started last week I guess, but my head was in my…well…they made it to practice this week. But anyway…
- I already SOLD TWO of my neat camera strap covers, so I will be sewing some more this weekend. You want one, right?? Come on over to my Etsy shop!!
- I zipped up north (yes, I can still go further north from here without quite hitting Canada) to see some relatives. They were visiting all the way from Wisconsin, so I figured the least I could do was road trip the 2 hours to see them. We stayed at a hotel with a mini waterpark and once the kids were in bed (poolside room) we sat in the hot tub and had drinks. Ahhh…… (Hopefully the hotel manager didn’t notice 3 adults and 6 kids pile out of a double occupancy room in the morning. Did I mention I’m also cheap? It helps when you’re poor…but anyway…)
- Made my hubby a sweet costume for his National Guard’s annual training annual theme party. They always dress up for the theme, this year’s was your favorite decade. I saw lots of Facebook shots of hippies and 80’s outfits. Hubby decided to dress like the 1770’s, complete with powdered wig and knee length pants. I sewed his vest and pants and made a ruffled collar. I need pictures and no one seems to have posted any to Facebook yet (my only connection while he’s away apparently!). Rest assured, as soon as he’s home I’ll post.
- I had the kids wash the van. Nice job, right? Then in rained anyway.
- I cut AM’s hair. Maybe I should have been cleaning off the counter instead, but anyway…
- I’d better start making it look like I DID do something with myself this week. Like clean the house, do some laundry, shower…..but anyway…..Have a great weekend!!