Monday, November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Guts

I know I’m a little behind on this, but I felt bad we didn’t get them done before Halloween.  Aria had been begging me for days to get these pumpkins carved.  I finally relented, knowing the mess and goo about to be spread around my dining room.  Also, I really don’t like pumpkin guts.  Especially on the floor, which is where they inevitably end up.  But being the cool mom I am, I broke out the carving tools and sharpies and we were off…

IMG_4321a  IMG_4320a

IMG_4329a

Piper was not at all impressed with pumpkin guts.  I ended up scooping hers out.  Bleah.

IMG_4330a

IMG_4335a

I’m not sure what Max was going for, I believe he decided on Yoshi.  I don’t think this version is the final.

IMG_4338a

IMG_4339a

Pumpkin carving isn’t complete without plastic vampire teeth.  Just so you’re prepared next year.

IMG_4342a.

Ah, the final product.  Piper’s is puking (finally, a good use for pumpkin guts), Aria’s guy is eating the little ones (see the scared faces?!), Max’s…well, Yoshi, right?

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

That's funny! I'm sure they will remember how cool you were to let them do this.