Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Fragments - Endings and Beginnings

Friday Fragments?

Friday Fragments is brought to you by the lovely Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time. Please stop by!!

  • This week is the last week of school for both MD and AM. MD is done with pre-school, AM with first grade. I can't believe I'll have two kids in full time school next year! They each had a party at their respective schools.
  • AM had a Play Day, sort of a track and field day. She won three ribbons in different events. We all ended up getting a little sun burnt. It was so windy we didn't notice the sun, and being from the frozen north we haven't been outside in months, so it stands to reason we'd burn!

  • MD's school had a Luau. We got to bring the little kids (AM was in her school) and play games, make our own lei's, paint cute hats, create our own pizza, and drink yummy yogurt/fruit smoothies.

  • PM was fitted for her new AFO & UCB. She was unsure at first if this was all OK. I think when the ortho lady started putting on the cast material she thought we were going to leave it on! She felt better after the first one was cut off. She never squirmed or cried, but the look of concern on her face was pretty intense as she watched carefully. You can read more about it on PM's Caringbridge site.

  • JC spent the better part of an afternoon in a paper bag. No, I didn't make him! He liked it! You can see by the teeth that it was a "costume" made by one of the kids!

  • I have had an addiction to S'mores this week. Not the cereal or snack, but marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. You can microwave the whole thing for a few seconds and have a warm gooey treat. OR, I sneak outside when hubby starts the grill to toast my marshmallow, without letting the kids know. I may require an intervention soon.
  • I can't wait to visit all my relatives and friends this summer. Serious talks have begun on travel to Washington, Wisconsin and ..... Oklahoma? Hmmm........
  • Let the summer begin!!!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think I need some S'mores now!

Unknown said...

Have you ever tried the s'mores pop tarts -- Yummy!

I grabbed your button would you be so kind to grab mine --- Please.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

What a great summer kick-off! Wisconsin, huh? Don't be afraid to stop by! :)