These last two weeks have been intensely crazy, so I’ve had little time to think, much less blog. Let me sum up what’s going on. I think this is more of a mental list for me, too, so I can get my poop in a group if you will.
- Thursday, May 26, we heard about the major flooding happening in the western part of the state (Bismarck, Mandan areas). Hubby called his Guard officers to find out if there was a possibility of activation for flood duty. He was told the chances were slim and to proceed with our Memorial Day plans. Those mostly included grilling with friends while I slept off night shifts at work.
- Friday, May 27, I headed off for my first night of work.
- Saturday, May 28, 0730 Hubby gets a call to be at the armory at 0900 ready for 10-14 days of activation. I scramble to get him there and find sitters for the kids so I can sleep (which didn’t happen) and get to work.
- My In-Laws did their best, then my BFF called and came from 2 hours away to take 3 of my 4 kiddos to her place for the weekend!! I told her I’d find a home for JC for the weekend, five kids at her place should be plenty without the toddler.
- I don’t know how I survived the weekend, but I worked all my shifts and headed to BFF’s Tuesday and stayed until the following weekend (and I didn’t bring my computer! gasp!)
- I had an awesome time at BFF’s and she offered to have us longer, but she started teaching summer school this week, so I declined.
- I have since been trying to do my best to get everything done for March to Mandaree, which may now be postponed at least a week if hubby does not return in time.
- Hubby informs me that the 10-14 days he was initially told to prepare for, may be more like 4-6 weeks.
- I set up a “Donate” button for PayPal and March to Mandaree
- I have also typed up a letter for soliciting donations from local businesses as well as started taking orders on our T-shirts. Do you want to order one? The cost is $17 for any size – we’ll even ship them to you for $3. If you’d like to order online, just use the “donate” button and specify in the comment shirt sizes and shipping address. You can also email us at marchtomandaree[at]hotmail[dot]com
- JUST IN: Hubby miraculously came home!!! We are set to March on schedule (as long as they don’t recall him.) We still have a lot of planning to do.
Head over to Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time for more Friday Fragments!!