I’d like to thank Mrs. 4444 who thinks I am (or maybe its just my kids are) funny and for giving me the lovely Favorite Fragmenter award last week …
Let’s start off with Jackson’s Naughty list: (This is just the major stuff from the past week or so)
- stole several hamburger buns (on several different occasions, despite several attempt to place them out of reach) and ate them, or left parts in random places throughout the house
- spread powdered pancake mix through 3 rooms down stairs, including on a couch
- stole the ice cream bucket and ate the last two scoops…. with his hands…..while on the downstairs couch
- emptied the last of a ketchup bottle on to his plate, leaving it covered about 1” thick
- dumped a small cup of sandbox sand on the family room couch
- threw several card and board games down a flight of stairs
- stole a bag of chips and ate them outside Piper’s bedroom (and left a pile of crumbs behind)
- applied daddy’s Body Glide (anti-chafing stick for athletes) to his forehead while chanting “BODY GLIDE!BODY GLIDE!!”
- colored inside his belly button and all over his arms with a green marker, several baths later his belly button is still green
That kid acts like we don’t feed him. I wonder if it’s the thrill of the hunt?
- The three oldest ran in the kids marathon last night, well Piper rolled. It was her best option, she can’t do distance and she was disappointed to not participate last year. They all received medals and t-shirts. Tonight MIL and I do the 5k. The full and half marathon is Saturday morning. There will be live bands in driveways all along the 26 mile route!
- I took photos for the “Bit of Norway” celebration here in town. Many of the photos ended up in the local paper, including my two vikings…
There was a parade, the kids got to throw candy. It was chilly and rainy, but a viking doesn’t let that get them down!!
- Being the super awesome parents we are, Aria never had her birthday party…..in OCTOBER. So we are throwing an end-of-school party for her. She decided not to call it a birthday party so that one of her friends can attend (their beliefs do not include birthday celebrations, so she never gets to go to parties). I made these cool invites, and we ordered fun rock star stuff from Oriental Trading Co. like inflatable guitars and crazy glasses. I’m going to make back stage passes with their pictures on them when they arrive!
- Its officially kebab and beer season. Just sayin.
- Today is the last day of school for the kids. They had “Play Day” on Tuesday where they do fun relay races and play outside all afternoon. The parents are invited to watch. Everyone places and gets ribbons for events.
- I’ve been watching a bird’s nest on our swing set. There are now THREE eggs.
- More adorable photos I’ve taken this week HERE!!!