- May is Pediatric Stroke Month!! I am raising money for CHASA – Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association. Please help us meet our goal (HALF WAY THERE!!) Purple for Piper – even a dollar or two makes a difference. Thanks to all those who have already helped out!!!
-----------------------------------> Click the button on my sidebar to donate!
- The kids had their Spring Concert at school Tuesday. You remember….wear a dress, stand on risers, hope no one passes out. Last year one poor kid vomited from the second row on to the back of a girl in the first row. I caught it on video, but I’ll be nice to them and not show it off. This year things went smoother. Only I didn’t get to see ANY of it. JC was SO unhappy that I had to leave my seat before the show even started. I spent the entire concert in the hall way trying to entertain a 2-year-old. I listened at the doors when I could, but its not the same. Grr…
- I am now sporting dark blonde hair.
- The oldest 3 kids are in TaeKwonDo. This week they invited a nearby club to join practice and SPAR!! This is the first time any of my kids got to do any real sparring. I was in TKD in college, I loved tournaments and sparring and patterns and board breaking. I even have some trophies and medals. It was really fun to see them try it out.
Piper and friend geared up
Aria’s great kick!
Max sparred with a classmate of Aria’s.
Aria, Max and Piper awaiting instructions.
- Finally had decent enough weather to grill out. Mmmmm! We still had to do it from the opening of the garage, it was raining, but at least it wasn’t snowing.
- I reviewed a second book for BlogHer Book Club. Details on that soon. Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough to get in on the latest book review. They only accept the first 100 who respond to the email, and I didn’t see it for 15 minutes after it arrived. Apparently that’s all it takes to fill up!!
- March to Mandaree is going to be kicking into high gear soon. I need to start soliciting local grocery stores and suppliers for the things we need to support the marchers. You can learn more about March to Mandaree HERE!!
Happy Mother’s Day to my mom AND my grandma!!
Have a great Mother’s Day!!