Thursday, October 9, 2008

CIT: Week Two



I got tired of sponge bathing P.M., so I double bagged the cast & filled up the kitchen sink. She was really good about keeping her arm out of the water and I was able to wash her hair. I think she enjoyed it. Everything seems to be going well. She is doing great at her therapy sessions. We've found she does better in a little chair & tray than when she's loose and can get up any time she wants to play with other things. I meant to video some more of her session on Monday, but I ended up having to do my recertification for CPR during part of her session (have to recertify if I want to work again next month!). They did tape her with their camera, so I will have to get those from them.

NDSU's homecoming was this past weekend. Bison won with a fantastic 2nd half comeback. It was an awesome game, I only wish I could have gone. I watched it on TV. We did go to the homecoming parade. A.M. learned that if you're cute and yell "Go Bison!!" the people handing out candy will give you more! They felt sorry for P.M. and her "broken arm" and would go out of their way to come to the stroller to give her candy. Piper couldn't take it from them most of the time as she insisted on wearing the big foam #1 finger on her free hand. At the Bison Feed we ate bison burgers and lots of sides (yum!) and listened to the "Old Star Band" (ha ha!!) AKA the Alumni Band as well as the current Gold Star Marching Band. It was really cool, and really loud. P.M. got up and danced to all the songs. A.M. took video with the camera, but the sound was so loud its all distorted on the recording. She snapped a few pictures of the band as well. They are the largest they've been in many years, and they have new uniforms. Daddy and I were disappointed to see the last ones go, they were new when we were in the band, and Daddy played a large part in designing them. I guess we don't have to feel so bad about the one we still have in the closet downstairs (shhhh!).

M.D. got his face painted at the pep rally. I was hoping he would take A.M.'s cue and just get little stripes on his cheeks. Oh, no. The entire face. Green and yellow. His mouth was still green for church the next morning.

A.M.'s shot of the band in their new uniforms. A.M. has been super helpful at home. She even changed a diaper this week!! She has been helping out with P.M. and J.C. even when I don't ask. ALSO...she scatters in reminders..."X days until my birthday!" Ah - ha! Today is 8 days until her birthday. I guess I'd better get planning!!

2 comments:

Leanna said...

What an adorable cheerleader!

I like the tubbin in the sink...puts her up higher and had to be so much easier on the back..??...wonder if I could find some sink pads for Cole so he wouldn't flop over and hit his head...LOL.

Katy said...

Hi, nice to meet ya!

I love hearing about restraint therapy. i suspect that one day it will be suggested for my Charlie since he's so much better with his left hand.