Thursday, June 9, 2011

Friday Fragments of March to Mandaree

These last two weeks have been intensely crazy, so I’ve had little time to think, much less blog.  Let me sum up what’s going on.  I think this is more of a mental list for me, too, so I can get my poop in a group if you will.

  • Thursday, May 26, we heard about the major flooding happening in the western part of the state (Bismarck, Mandan areas).  Hubby called his Guard officers to find out if there was a possibility of activation for flood duty.  He was told the chances were slim and to proceed with our Memorial Day plans.  Those mostly included grilling with friends while I slept off night shifts at work.
  • Friday, May 27, I headed off for my first night of work.
  • Saturday, May 28, 0730 Hubby gets a call to be at the armory at 0900 ready for 10-14 days of activation.  I scramble to get him there and find sitters for the kids so I can sleep (which didn’t happen) and get to work.
  • My In-Laws did their best, then my BFF called and came from 2 hours away to take 3 of my 4 kiddos to her place for the weekend!!  I told her I’d find a home for JC for the weekend, five kids at her place should be plenty without the toddler.
  • I don’t know how I survived the weekend, but I worked all my shifts and headed to BFF’s Tuesday and stayed until the following weekend (and I didn’t bring my computer! gasp!) Throwing rocks in the river
  • I had an awesome time at BFF’s and she offered to have us longer, but she started teaching summer school this week, so I declined.
  • I have since been trying to do my best to get everything done for March to Mandaree, which may now be postponed at least a week if hubby does not return in time.
  • Hubby informs me that the 10-14 days he was initially told to prepare for, may be more like 4-6 weeks.
  • I set up a “Donate” button for PayPal and March to Mandaree
  • I have also typed up a letter for soliciting donations from local businesses as well as started taking orders on our T-shirts. Do you want to order one?  The cost is $17 for any size – we’ll even ship them to you for $3.   If you’d like to order online, just use the “donate” button and specify in the comment shirt sizes and shipping address.  You can also email us at marchtomandaree[at]hotmail[dot]com

m2m t shirt

  • JUST IN:  Hubby miraculously came home!!!  We are set to March on schedule (as long as they don’t recall him.)  We still have a lot of planning to do. 

Head over to Mrs. 4444’s Half Past Kissing Time for more Friday Fragments!!

1 comment:

Cyndy Bush said...

Wow! I'm glad he's home!