Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday Fragments

Ah, finally back at my computer!  How I’ve missed you!!!  I’m just going to summarize the week (s) with the help of Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments!  You can join in at Half Past Kissing Time!

Mommy's Idea
  • We are done being sick.  Except for my hubby.  After all the colds and fevers subsided, HE’S the one who got and ear infection and needed antibiotics. – side note: antibiotics for adults are waaaay more expensive.
  • CMT commercial for “My Big Redneck Wedding” cuts to a clip of a bride saying her vows…”You are my big snuggle bear…”.  I am pretty sure, that even if I really called my fiancé a “snuggle bear” I wouldn’t emasculate him by announcing it during our wedding.  Just sayin’.
  • If you don’t talk to us much, or haven’t heard of March to Mandaree, here’s your chance to catch up.  I posted HERE about the March to Mandaree my husband is doing this summer.  We have also started a blog HERE.  Feel free to follow that blog, or to friend him on Facebook!!
  • Our friends recently returned from a trip to Japan (they came home before the earthquake) to visit his parents and brother.  Brother Richard works in Japan and lives with his wife Susi and their brand new baby.  They are safe and are working around the restricted electricity and water issues.  Parents Rick & Jan are originally from our church and are currently running the Misawa Hospitality house and could use prayers.  They have decided to stay and continue their outreach while many American citizens have chosen to leave Japan.  Please take a look at their prayer list at their site!
  • While our friends were there, they did pick up some very cute bento box accessories (yay!!!).  I think I’ll need to do some more bento posts soon!  I also cleaned out a drawer for all of our bento stuff, now I need to make room for the new things!bento accessories3bentodrawer
  • I am going to attempt to make kimchi this weekend.  I’ll let you know how that goes!image
  • The lovely Mrs. 4444 saw it fit to bestow on me her Favorite Fragmenter two weeks back (already two weeks ago!!). 
    Isn’t it cute Winking smile ?

image

  • I started using FlyLady this week!!  I’m hoping it’s the kick in the butt I need to whip my house into shape.  I’ve known about her for years, but I’ve never taken the step.  It turns out, she’s into baby steps, which is just what I need.  So far, I’ve followed the two smallest steps.  #1 Get dressed every morning down to the shoes.  Yes, I need someone to tell me this.  I am guilty of spending the entire day in sweats I may or may not have slept in.  I needed an intervention.  Step #2 is to shine my kitchen sink every night when I’m done using it, before bed.  That means NO dirty dishes (and we don’t have a dishwasher!).  It’s a big step some days not to let the last of the evening dishes wait until morning, but SO nice to wake up to NOTHING!!  This is as far as I’ve gotten, but she has ways to get your whole house de-cluttered and guest ready!  Baby steps…..

4 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's amazing that there are those of us out there that do need to be told to get dressed LOL I do my dishes each night and have for years. The shiny sink in the morning is truly amazing even years later. I love Flylady.

Kristina P. said...

Ummm, confession? I actually call Adam Snuggle Bear. No joke. It started when we were engaged. He is in my phone as Snuggles. I'm sure he would love me sharing this.

Brandi. said...

Congrats on the award. :)

I need to get back on Flylady. My house would thank me greatly!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I need to check out Flylady. My house is a disaster and I have OCD.
I followed the Walk site and liked on Face Book. What an amazing thing to do.
How brave of your friends to stay in Japan. I will pray for them.
I hope your weekend finishes on a peaceful note.