Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Birthday Party

I took time in between working 12 hour night shifts and trying to sleep to take the kids to their cousin’s 5th birthday party.  It was warm and windy, like most days around here.  Cousin L received tons of Legos and we all had a fun time eating and visiting.  JC even got to have his own (chocolate) cupcake.  Not sure what I was thinking, but he loved it.  Then cried at me when it was gone! (and yes, I’m aware of his hair… I’m working up the strength to cut it)

IMG_0442aIMG_0453a

IMG_0458b

PM, smiling.  That’s a good thing, because within five minutes of being at the park she had wiped out and skinned her knee.  She got over it fairly quickly.  Its funny how different my girls are.  PM loves her dresses and smiles so nicely for the camera.  Then there’s her big sister….

IMG_0469a Every face was her growling at the camera.  AM’s cousin T is just 2 months younger.  They always get along so well even though they have very different tastes sometimes, they’re still silly 8-year-olds.

 IMG_0464a

MD and the birthday boy L are about a year and a half apart, but being boys, age doesn’t matter so much.  I really think L’s obsession with Legos was kicked into high gear when we spent a week at their house this winter.  MD brought an entire suitcase of Legos to play with.

It was a nice time, and worth the sacrifice of some sleep.  I wish we could have partied a little longer!!

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

Who doesn't cry when their cupcake is gone?