Monday, February 1, 2010

A Chocolate A Day #4 – Habanero Caramel Crown

I won some lovely gourmet bonbons from Trish at Off Camera With Trish Van Pilsum.  The tasty little treats come from Alma Chocolates out of Portland, OR.  The fourth chocolate is the Habanero Carmel Crown.

habenerocarmelcrown

I was enamored with the look of this bonbon.  It’s a beautiful little crown shape brushed with gold.  I almost hated to eat it.  Almost.  The thought of habanero made me a little nervous, but I bit in and just inside the smooth chocolate shell was rich, creamy, sweet caramel.  Then came the spice.  Not too much for my tasteb(my BFF needed some water!). It was fabulous!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uuhmmmm!!! This one a day is devilish!

Have you ever see the movie 'Chocolat' with Johnny Depp? If not - you can learn about adding pepper to chocolate.

Barbara

Jo said...

I'm not much of a chocolate person, but those sound sooooo good! I just may need to order some for myself.