Well, as it turns out, 5 kids and a full time job take up a lot of time. Who would’ve thought? I miss you all out there! I decided I need to play catch-up here and post all the lovely things that have gone on around these parts with Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments!
- Harrison Nathan Goodiron Fraase was born 3/12/12 at 11:05 pm. He’s already 4 months old and super adorable. He’s probably the most mellow baby I’ve had. He comes to work with me every day, but soon I think he’ll need to stay home with dad.
(a little taste test of rice cereal)
- In May Aria and Piper earned their next belts in Tae Kwon Do, Max however, has decided he doesn’t want to be in it anymore. I’m sort of disappointed, but I’m holding out hope that he’ll change his mind later on. I tested for my last belt back in December while I was seven months pregnant. (I look better from the back)
- I got one more charm for my necklace from The Vintage Pearl.
- I’ve been a slacker as far as photos go. I was disappointed in myself for not getting more newborn pictures of Harrison in the first two weeks when they work the best. I had this pounding headache and chalked it up to lack of sleep and caffeine. It finally got so bad that the day my mom left I realized I couldn’t take it any longer and had my husband bring me to the ER. My blood pressure was 201/109 (for those of you non-medical peeps, normal BP is 120’s/80’s). They were surprised I hadn’t had a stroke yet. It turns out I had developed post-partum preeclampsia. It’s fairly uncommon, but does happen, even when my blood pressure was perfect through out pregnancy. I only recently came off of blood pressure medication for this. I read post-partum preeclampsia is one of the most dangerous conditions for new moms because they can ignore the symptoms (like I did) passing them off as run-of-the-mill post-baby issues. My feet were swollen long after delivery (weeks), I had upper epigastric pain, pounding headaches…if I had just put it all together. Anyway, I survived. I think I really freaked out the PA that was on duty the night I went to our local small town ER, though.
- I’d better get to bed!! I’ve been walking 4 miles with a friend every morning, well, almost every morning. 6am sharp!!